How to pastel?

Can anyone suggest a pan pastel guide so I can know how to use these correctly on Reborn’s? Maybe a video? I’m clueless :thinking:

2 Likes

I do it exactly the same as Sonja, but mix my color with a bit of colorless blender first because the colors are so strong. Thats for the full strength colors. If its a tint or shade, I use straight out of the pan.

2 Likes

I need to try mine again. I did not enjoy them at all the first time. Those colors are so strong. I ended up packing them up. I thought about selling them, but then I felt like a quitter, so I just put them away for awhile. I’ll make a decision on them after I try again.

2 Likes

Yes, you NEED the colorless blender because these pigments are so strong. Once I get my new nail art brushes I ordered the other day from Amazon(didn’t realize until after ordering they are coming from China and its gonna be a while) I plan to do a PanPastels tutorial :wink:

5 Likes

I ordered the same ones! The date says November 18th! Lol
@Sony72 no, I have never ever attempted powders yet!!! I must remember to stay with a light touch… looking at my carpet should remind me!!!

3 Likes

Yessssss!!! @sweetiepieapril Looking forward to it. I really like your work and would definitely buy a tutorial from you as long as it went beyond basics. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bought 2 colorless blenders since I’m sure that will be used most. Did anyone buy the little sealer sprayer from dald? Is the a recieie on what to fill it with? Or just straight sure bond?

This is an awesome sprayer… It sprays a very fine mist and is so much better than the little dollar store one. I wish I knew what brand it was, but I got it from a Giant grocery store, came in a pack of two and was like $5 or so.

2 Likes

I bought the little one dald sells, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll let you know how it sprays!

1 Like

Me too :wink:

I use Miracle Blend. Should I purchase some Sure Bond to set my pastels? Or is there another product I can use? @sweetiepieapril do you know :thinking:

1 Like

You can also use DecoArt Media Ultra Matte thinned with water and spritzed on the same way as sure bond. I personally don’t do this because I only apply the powders after all my painting is done and the pigments are so strong, even when mixed with blender, that I have no problems with them rubbing off when I’m layering my powders.

4 Likes

Thank you so much April :smiley:

1 Like