How to get older dolls appraised?

A friend whose mom died a few years inherited her mom’s dolls. Her mom had quite a few older ones that she donated. But she was just unpacking some of her mom’s belonging and there was Charlie doll in there. He’s an old doll, more than 55 years old that her mom had a girl. She is wondering where she can get him appraised? I told her I would ask on here. Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it! :smiley:

1 Like

Look on ebay and google. On Face Book there is a sight with all old dolls too.
I can’t remember the name though.Dolls of the century or something like that

1 Like

A good idea is to look up vintage Charlie dolls and see what others are selling or have sold for.
theriaults.com might also be able to give her an idea.

1 Like

Thanks, Ladies! I’ll let her know. :blush:

Do you mean a frozen Charlie doll?

She didn’t say which one. Just that his name is Charlie. Her mom was in her 70s, so she probably had him in the 50s or early 60s.

There are several Charlies, so I am not sure which one. Frozen Charlie would be over 100 years old if original and then there is Charlie Chaplin. Ebay can be good for more common dolls, but harder to find dolls that show up like once per year not so good. WorthPoint can be good and often has a free trial.

1 Like

I searched the internet last night for 1950s dolls and Charlie Chaplin came up a lot. She is going to try to email me photos.