How to fix painted on eyebrows?

Hi there,
I am having a reborn Joseph made for me, and was hoping to get some advice on this forum.
Is there any way, once the brows are painted on, to either remove them…or change them?
I am desperately unhappy with them. They are very dark and thin and too arched.
My artist did a great job with the rest of him so far so I don’t want to cause a bit scene…but am really worried because I don’t want to have this mess him up.
Advice please guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you gently tell the artist, I’m sure they won’t mind.
Eyebrows are notoriously hard to get right, even if you took them off you’d likely have a very hard time to get them to look good.
It’s also probably much easier to fix while the reborn is still being made.

6 Likes

Taking them off will remove layers of paint.
Better to mention it before it is assembled

4 Likes

I agree. Tell the artist asap. Even if she can’t remove them, thin brows are easy to fix. She can just fill them in to make them fuller and less arched. She can probably also lighten them a bit or do something to make them look less stark.

Eyebrows are definitely very difficult to get right.

2 Likes

Send her a picture if eyebrows you like, so she can use them as a guide. Once the doll is finished… eyebrows can we really hard or impossible to fix. You can add to them… but if you want to remove them? No Bueno.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice, she has removed them…not sure how… she has a picture of hoe I would prefer them. But now she is rooting hair and it looks crizzy and red brown and so thick! … she is going to try and obtain a better brown.
This definitely doesn’t look like natural hair.
Are there different mohairs out there?

1 Like

Really appreciate all your helpful answers, thank you :slight_smile:

There’s all kinds of mohair, some is thicker, some thinner, it can be straight or wavy or curly. And pretty much any color is possible as it’s usually dyed.

2 Likes

Ask what kind she is using. It needs to be good quality and rooted with max of 3 hairs per hole so it doesn’t look plugged and too thick. Here are a few good mohair suppliers: Delta Dawn, @sugargliderus @Rainbowbabies , Silk Effex, Angora Motique, Angela Sprott, BB also has a new mohair that is very good but pricey. Don’t remember what it’s called. NOT RUBY RED!

2 Likes

Have you seen any pictures of any of her completed dolls? I’ve noticed a lot of people appear to do pretty well with the painting, then ruin the doll during the eyebrow and rooting phases. You might be better off to just take the doll “painted” and have someone else do the hair and brows. It sounds like this lady doesn’t have a lot of experience. She should know how to do brows and pick out quality mohair. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Yes this is the case…but how do I tell her?
She is charging me $800for 3 mnth Joseph fully made.
As you say…the painting is good but her eyebrows and hair are awful.
I have already paid her almost half.
What should I do?

For that price, I’d ask her to use a better quality mohair.

2 Likes

For that price, you shouldn’t have to tell her anything. She should know what eyebrows look like, and she should be using the best mohair available. You could have bought an adorable Joseph on reborns.com for around $400. :flushed:

5 Likes

Katina beat me to it. For that kind of money, you should not have to tell her anything at all. Any artist in that price point should have top of the line mohair on hand already and know how to paint brows.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be less expensive for you to buy gorgeous already made Joseph on reborns .com? We have plenty of amazing artists here who had done him for much less than $800. And you can see the ‘final’ product and not gess how he will look like at the end.

1 Like

Are you familiar with reborns.com? Look at those awesome Josephs for much less.

Do the search “Joseph” and you can pull all of hem.

4 Likes

Don’t pay her another dime. Ask her to send you the doll as is, with no more work on her end and no more payments from you…or get her to refund your money. If she refuses, cut your losses and go buy one from reborns.com for around $400. In the end, you will have spent the same amount, but you will have a high quality reborn. If you keep going down the path with this “artist” you’ll be out $800 with only junk to show for it. :grimacing:

3 Likes