How to fix hair and get rid of cigarette odor

This is the new pre-owned baby I got today. It’s the Anabel kit by Denise Pratt. I made the baby a boy and named him Loki (my favorite Marvel Character).

As you can see, the rooting wasn’t done very well. Do I need to remove the current hair or should I just root around it? I’m going to be rooting with black mohair. I’m hoping if I root thick enough you won’t really notice the scalp too much (you can’t see by the photos, but the scalp is rough). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My second question is what can I use to get rid of the cigarette smell? It’s not super strong but if you cuddle you can smell it. I can use Odoban on the cloth body, but what can I use to cleanse the vinyl without ruining the paint? Thank you all in advance for your help!

If it was painted w/ heatset paint~You can use vinegar water to sponge bathe it & after it dries to the touch~do it once again & let sit for 24hrs to air dry. If there’s still an odor, repeat the previous to sit for another 24hrs. Then sponge bathe w/ baby body wash for a soft baby fresh scent & add a wafer to the body, if U like the scent for all time. Before I started reborning, I used that process from 1 that I had purchased. It worked after the 2nd process & she no longer smelled of cigarettes.

2 Likes

Thank you SO much @B0mbchelle70! I really appreciate it! I’ll definitely give that a try!

1 Like

Let me know if it doesn’t work for U & I will give U different route to try. U are very welcome

1 Like

I would remove the hair before rooting.

1 Like

It looks like a lot of hair broke off. I’d remove what’s left. If you remove the head and soften the glue inside you should be able to peel a lot of it out from the inside. If he’s going to have thick black hair any stubble can be removed with Nair. Just be careful near the edges in case any paint comes off.

1 Like

I have rooted over stubble like that, and it wasn’t noticeable. I think you could pull out any of the biggest patches, and leave the rest.

1 Like