How many babies do you own?

I went through some of my babies to see who I can sell, to try and thin the “herd”. I picked four babies to sell, thats not much considering how many I have lol, but it will help a little.
Calimel, I’ve seen your vampire but didnt know it was you, shes really nice! I love her outfit and hair, she looks like old time Hollywood, love that look!

1 Like

Oh wow! Doll shows look like so much fun! I’ve never been though, but hope to some day. I love the way your table is set up.
Your Quinlynn is gorgeous!

I can’t seem to sell any of my babies, I know I need to, but each one is different and I love them all.

Here are a few

I have 5 in my collection - 4 girls and a boy, 2 from swaps, 2 purchased, and 1 I made from a kit I won. I have several kits I plan to reborn and keep, or pay to have another artist reborn for me.

Right now I have 14 reborns. Three are dolls I purchased which will definitely stay here. I am trying to sell 7 right now. I also have several Ashton Drake, Zook and a large collection of Vogue Baby Dear. I am trying to sell some of these to make room for reborns. I have not wanted to sell any but it will help replenish my supplies. Oh, I forgot to mention the Madame Alexanders and my daughter’s dolls (she doesn’t care about them but they are here to stay) and my bear collection. I am really out of room.

I have 11 babies in my collections. 9 reborns and 2 partial silicones. I also have one on the way which will be a surprise baby. This is my dream baby that I have been saving for .

Oh well if your gonna add in bears and M. Alexanders…hehe join me in!
I collect bears as well, mainly antique Steiff. I must have over 200 bears and vintage/antique stuffed animals, and antique german dolls.
My house looks like a toy store from 1910 lol. But all those are staying…its part of my decorating, good excuse huh? lol

They look like real babies on the table . LOL

I have finished 4 babies and have 23 left to complete. I plan to keep them all. I make them for myself. I really enjoy the challenge of creating them to look as realistic as possible. I also love giving them names and dressing them in adorable outfits.

20 something!!! I was going to say about 12, and then I started counting LOL But most still need to be rooted; although now I have a good excuse; I am waiting until my granddaughter is bit older and the hair has better chance to stay really nice. However, she has 2 rooted dolls living with her and their hair is keeping up pretty good; especially considering that one of them she’s been dragging around since she was less than year old.

Shopping for them is the best. I love Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms, Janie and Jack has really cute clothing too. And they will never soil their outfits lol
I’m also obsessed with strollers and carriages

I have 20 that I haven’t sold. I have a display case in a antiques mall that houses 9 babies at a time…I have 2 silicones that I haven’t painted yet and about 30 kits that need my attention…I love my Presley’s both open and closed eyes, and who wouldn’t love Asher (closed eyes)…I have them set aside also…It is really hard for me to part with them ( grin and bare it )
My sister is one of my best customers she has probably 13-14 babies, and Im am making her one (custom of my niece) for Christmas…
I would have kept all of mine if I had a bigger place and didn’t need to sell to maintain my kit habit LOL

I just don’t have space either for a collection at this time and I have to thin the hoard out. I have started collecting left over building materials to build my studio/ nursery out of. I have my first reborn that I bought- he is terrible! He inspired me to reborn so he is special. I stuck him in the bed and scared the heck out of my hubby who thought I stole a baby. My keepers are not done- I am holding out for a blizzard (without power loss!) so I can be home and work on them. Presley awake and asleep, Polly, Luka, Tavi, Lady bug (vampire), Jade (vampire) and I am hoping for a large sculpt like Angelica. I live a short walk from the grave of a famous Historic New England “Vampire”, Mercy Brown, so I have to have vampire babies. I want a large sculpt to do a Mercy Brown memorial doll.

I only have 4 that I have kept for myself but I told the lady at the shop where I sell my dolls that I’m going to start making 1 for me, 1 for the shop, etc. so I can get more of my own. I originally started making them just for myself but ended up selling them and now I hardly have any for myself. That’s going to change! I love them. Don’t see how you ladies can part with all of them.

That’s funny, rosered!

You are not alone:) I have about 50 in my nursery and about 50+ kits to make. But that’s OK because I was a collector before I became creator. I have sold many babies and given away many more but they just keep multiplying:) I do love this hobby!

They do seem to multiply dont they? lol
They’re like potato chips, cant have just one!

LOL!!!