How long does it take

Sony… I’m going to need those baby fx. They need to pay you a commission!

2 Likes

I use air dry paints and can’t finish even a bald one in a single day.

2 Likes

Hmmmmmm yes…it can and has been done…lol :smile:

1 Like

Please don’t take what @westernstarr says as “normal” or “average”. She’s our superstar. She can root a head in an hour and still paint the baby and make it looks real. She sleeps very little and does quality work. Even if I live to be 100 and reborn every day of my life, I doubt I could be that fast. Not saying you can’t do it, but most reborners can’t. Not even the really good ones.

Question for @westernstarr please:
Starr, how do you get the glue to dry in the head so fast? The rooting is at the end of the day, then glue. I’d assume you’d need to let it dry before putting it together? My glue takes a couple days to be fully dry.

4 Likes

There is a lady on ebay who has her son do the drilling of the nose, helps put it together, etc. It’s like an manufacturing company, really. She was on TV at some point. I think it’s on youtube. They are in Europe.

2 Likes

Well, I’m no superstar…but thanks for the kind words…I do blush quite easily…so am blushing now… :blush:

Yes, the glue does need to be dry before assembling…I have several things that I do…Firstly, I use a quick drying mod podge glue (have been known to also use gem tack and tacky glue in the gold bottle…though usually mod podge, I coat the inside of the head with a thin layer of glue, let it dry for about an hour and go back with a paint brush and brush any areas where there may be a thicker puddle…and let that dry,then I do a second thin layer… I also use a blow dryer if I am in a hurry and a heat lamp like this works quite well once the layers of glue are almost dry…I have never left it in long though…just enough to heat up the vinyl so that glue dries a bit quicker…(mostly the thin layers and the blow dryer are your friend if you are in a hurry…

these lamps are actually designed to put into a doll head to soften up hard vinyl for easier rooting…

3 Likes

Ah, but going to a job means you won’t get reborn “burn out” and gives you something to look forward too in your spare time. Works for me!
Plus pay day is extra dolly $$$ day. Lol And that’s the silver lining!

2 Likes

No need to blush. I was just giving credit where credit’s due.

Thank you for sharing your quick drying tricks. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a lamp like that offered before, but that’s a great idea. It looks like it has a kind of spring flange on each side to hold it n place. Unfortunately, I’m full of questions now.:smile:

• Do those flanges (the metal sticking out on each side) go inside the head to stabilise the head so the bulb doesn’t touch the walls?
  • If they do go inside, do they get in the glued area sometimes?
  • Where did you buy it?

Thanks again, Starr! (Your momma knew what she was doing when she named you :wink:)

Lolol I work for my husband! And I don’t really get paid!!! Lol and I hate my job!!! Hahahahahhahahahah

1 Like

Sorry… Explosion there! Lololol I’ll be fine… Just had to get it out! Lolololol

2 Likes

One of the other ladies recently posted a rooting video with one of those lamps… I think it was @lisalampe… I will try to find the post.

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t forget these lamps are German and require a different power source than we have here in the USA.!!!

So, you do not root with it inside the head? I just bought one couple of days ago; waiting for delivery. Hope it is not just another one of those ideas that look great but do not really work all that well… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have found out that Jana has it all under control and has transformers for those going to the USA

1 Like

Yes I saw the documentary too, but even they said, if I remember correctly, that it takes them couple of days to make one doll from start to finish. The guy did the rooting by stabbing at the head at some speed and inserting several hairs with each stab.

2 Likes

I think there is one team that does painted hair but it’s basic, kind of straight line pattern from the crown.

1 Like

It arrived, and so far I love it; I think I will finally be able to root at night. It lights up the head beautifully and as it heats from inside out , the head keeps its temperature better. It has only 15w lamp instead of my 150w agricultural heat lamp, the power saving will be also good; not to mention that in the summer it was bit silly to have this huge heating lamp next to me while rooting.

1 Like

I think this is the coolest thing!!!

2 Likes

I always have 2 or three going at the same time lol