How do I paint a silicone vinyl doll kit. Super soft

I just got a silicone vinyl doll kit and I don’t have a clue how to paint it. I have genesis paints, does anyone know the oven temp and time to cure? I heard it was 170 degrees but for how long? Ugh, help! Mel

They’re the same as the regular kits. Silicone vinyl is just what they name it, there is no actual silicone in it.
They do not advise to use heat set paints, but I personally didn’t have any problems with it.

Silicone vinyl is often a term used in stolen knock off kits. I would research you kit more before starting. I have however seen it used in a description from a legitimate seller… with the softline kits.

Puppen Traumland uses that term. Unless it’s from them, I wouldn’t trust it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I wish that were the case. This kit is so soft it collapses, at least the torso does in the packet. I ordered a bunch of random kits from a seller on ebay and this thing has crazy soft limbs and metal parts for attaching it all together. I just wish it would have come with instructions. The kit is called Dakota. Who made it I haven’t a clue. I think it might be one of those soft line doll kits that people are talking about.
Thank you again,
Melonie

1 Like

Is it this one?
https://www.puppen-traumland.de/shop/en/doll-kits/ldc-reg-doll-kits/ldc-reg-kits-by-doll-artists/ldc-reg-soft-line/698/8.22-ldc-soft-line-dakota?number=LDC88348

1 Like

The only difference is the arms and legs do not have the groves for cable ties or strings. Kit is the same. Maybe it is a knock off.

Yes, I believe so. It’s hard to tell. I believe this is it.

That would be Victor.
https://www.puppen-traumland.de/shop/en/doll-kits/ldc-reg-doll-kits/ldc-reg-kits-by-doll-artists/ldc-reg-soft-line/659/8.19-ldc-soft-line-victor?c=151
It is one that’s copied by China, but I’m not sure how you’d check.

1 Like

Yes. I pulled the photo online, the one I have is like the one that is completed. Any idea of temp and time. I will stuff it to prevent collapse.

Thank you all for your help. I’ll have a go at it when I feel more confident with my reborning skills. I’ve been doing it since 2003 but haven’t made a doll in two years. I am working on a Josiah by Laura Tuzio Ross.
Thanks again. I will so be back with more questions when the time comes.
Mel

I’ll go look. Hang on.

1 Like

Yes it just says L M.

Huge toddler doll

@Melonie Nice baby, is it a keeper? Can’t wait to see how you paint him/her!
@MichelleP20 great info! I had no idea that there is a vinyl doll with a silicone layer on top! Do you have any example pics or can you share a link?

1 Like

I’m going to see if I can find one if I do I will edit and post a pic, thanks!
*Edited to say; I could not find one. However I am intrigued with the LDC soft vinyl, now I want to get one, lol.

2 Likes

If it;s Dakota, I’m working on him now.
Stuff the head, body and limbs with polyfil to keep them from collapsing. and watch that heat set temp closely.
Heat set paints work, you just need to be extra EXTRA careful and monitor the temp with an external thermometer.

1 Like