Honeybugs for Bindi

I got my Honeybug pacifier set in the mail today from Dolls by Sandie. And first I thought they send me the wrong order because if the packaging. I didn’t order doll shoes!

But the pacifiers were inside, in a zippered bag along with the magnets.

The smallest one is so tiny, my thumb nearly covers the button. This looks more appropriate for a mini.

Here’s how they look compared to Bindi’s face. This is the new, larger head Bindi, excuse the travel hair.

I cannot emphasis how petite Bindi is, yet has the biggest mouth, and virtually no lips.
I’m not sure how the paci is going to end up sitting on the face.
I think the medium sized one looks best. The smallest one looks like it could be swallowed and the largest looks overwhelming from the side view.

This is the medium size, side view.
What do you guys think?

1 Like

I think the medium is the right size. The smallest one fits 14"-15" dolls perfectly.

1 Like

Medium looks best to me too!

1 Like

The medium. Look so cute!

1 Like

Number 2.
I was painting Binki and not liking her at all but I fell in love with her after I finished her but I already told my daughter to please take her. So now I am going to paint Bindi for myself, lol.

2 Likes

Oh, interesting. :smile: I always wanted an orangutan for a pet as a child. Of all the dolls I could have chosen, this will be my first reborn. Haha
I waited until this sculpt went on sale during Labor Day weekend. This is the prepainted, prerooted with a larger head.
Jlesser is going to do the assembly and detail painting for me.
It feels like Bindi is less aggressive with the closed mouth.
Wondering if using putty on the paci will work better, even though I already have the magnetic ones now. The lips kind of come to a point…
Are you wanting to do the one that you do from scratch?
Any suggestions on weight? I was thinking under 5 pounds for sure, she’s so tiny.

2 Likes

Yes I am going to paint and root Bindi. Can’t wait to see your little Orangutan finished. I found a doll outfit that fit Binki but now have to find something for Bindi (I got when it was on sale also but the regular head). I wonder why the made a bigger head? I don’t like the putty because it is too sticky for me. I think I will use that med. sized paci you got. I like my dolls on the light side so mine will probably be 2 to 3 lbs.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to shop for things for her.
Will yours wear diapers? I was thinking of getting fabric doll diapers with velcro if they’ll fit.

2 Likes

No I did not put a diaper on her just bloomers.

I did this pre painted gorilla for my middle daughter, he has a diaper. I painted over the lighter parts.
gorillakiki

3 Likes

Omg, how cute! He is all set up with his milk and banana! :heartpulse:

Thank you, I am pretty sure that is a preemie hoodie sleeper but I had to roll up the legs. The banana bottle idea was from @GrammysReborns

1 Like

Where did this guy come from? Is he still being made? I like how you did his face all dark, that’s more realistic for a gorilla.

1 Like

It is a BB kit. I don’t think it has been discontinued. Just out of stock.

1 Like

Ah, along with so much lately!

1 Like

Oops I just looked and it is discontinued. I didn’t know that. But I don’t see the pre painted kit listed though.

https://bountifulbaby.com/pages/discontinued-kits

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t see a gorilla at all in their animal section.