They’re in closets and dressers
Bins boxes and bags.
They’re in the post on their way here
And factories being made.
I’ve got toddlers and preemies and babes in between
With bodies and test parts-
The likes have rarely been seen.
I’ve got back plates and front plates and mohair galore
Plus needles and eyeballs - I cannot fit more!
There’s glass beads and brushes and paints up to here
All to make my sweet babies look precious and dear.

Sorry, sometimes I’m a bit of a goof!

3 Likes

Love your sense of humor! My stash is slowing dwindling because I found myself in the same state

And what about clothes? I’m always on the lookout for cute & different outfits. I bought one velvet jumpsuit that I couldn’t resist & then had to find the right doll to put in it!

Guilty – I have a closet for dolly clothes

You sure know how to make it fun around here. That poem sounds like someone I know. Hmm

— Begin quote from “jeanhai”

And what about clothes? I’m always on the lookout for cute & different outfits. I bought one velvet jumpsuit that I couldn’t resist & then had to find the right doll to put in it!

— End quote

I know what you mean. I just bought this beautiful yellow chiffon party dress in size NB and I don’t even have a baby to wear it. It was just too precious to pass up.

Don’t get me started on the clothes. That topic requires a poem of its own!

LOL, I can relate to that; I have half of my kitchen cupboards filled with reborning stuff, whole large chest of draws full of baby clothes, and according to my kit list there are almost 30 of them waiting to be painted. I am definitely not allowed anywhere near any website selling kits

Closet full of clothes and 20+ unpainted kits! Plus about 10 painted that I need to sell!

I can relate…and the clothing issue…well, I think I could open a baby boutique.

Oh no I see where I am heading! I have ordered 3 times from bb in the last 5 day.
However no clothes yet haven’t completed a baby yet but I will be in the same boat I’m sure when I get to that point.

Guilty as charged. I had a good laugh over this one.

What? You don’t have your credit card number memorized??? Makes ordering online really easy…well, paypal does that too…between the two, I get tempted way too often.

I love the poem, by the way! It’s like you think you have everything you would ever need but then you buy more…needles, stuffing, BBs, paints and then you buy more boxes to put stuff in…then you need more drying racks and a bigger bin for doll kits and next you empty out a small bedroom for a doll room but still have stuff in other places…until one day you take a look at your house and you realize that you are the weird old lady that plays with dolls in her overstuffed house that all the kids talk about!

1 Like

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

What? You don’t have your credit card number memorized??? Makes ordering online really easy…well, paypal does that too…between the two, I get tempted way too often.

I love the poem, by the way! It’s like you think you have everything you would ever need but then you buy more…needles, stuffing, BBs, paints and then you buy more boxes to put stuff in…then you need more drying racks and a bigger bin for doll kits and next you empty out a small bedroom for a doll room but still have stuff in other places…until one day you take a look at your house and you realize that you are the weird old lady that plays with dolls in her overstuffed house that all the kids talk about!

— End quote

I should post pictures. It’s truly deplorable. I do have a dedicated dolly room, but at some point everything just started to spill out until I suddenly had a dolly dining room, kitchen, hall, laundry room (where I sew bodies) . . . even my poor son has had to give up some space to the overflow. I should probably take some time to organize, but I’m too busy buying supplies and making dolls!