HELP! I baked eyebrows on and now I have to switch hair color 😳

Is there a way to only take eyebrows off with acetone that will strip to original vinyl? I’m done and she’s painted perfect except now her brows have to change color :flushed:

The problem is the eyebrows need to be changed to a lighter color

1 Like

I have tried to just strip the eyebrows and it was disastrous The layers of paint will be uneven and it will never look right even if you can match the skintone. . I had to finally strip the entire head and paint over it. I found that if they are too dark try lightening them with some flesh tone. It will soften them quite a bit and then you can add strokes of another color.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I now paint the eyebrows after the hair has been rooted. I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this. Some babies have darker or lighter brows than their hair.

2 Likes

You could root over them?

1 Like

Picture? Please :grinning:

1 Like

I can’t post picture cause its my character baby

2 Likes

I did that on my last baby just try some flesh 8 to make them lighter.

2 Likes

I’ve done this before, and I took an emory board and carefully rubbed them off then put a coat of matte sealer, and just repainted

1 Like

I would try thinner on a toothpick, one hair at a time.

2 Likes

I took a q tip and very carefully did each line or most of the individual brow lines with acetone. I got out enough of some hairs to allow me to add the color I wanted and didn’t disturb my layers, just be gentle and slow, blot the q tip so it doesn’t drip.You won’t get all your lines but enough to change your color or I did. Mine were too dark and it worked. Good Luck.

3 Likes

Ok so I added four layers of flesh color and it lightened the area perfectly so there was barely a sign eyebrows were there before and I just added the new brow color and it looks great :grin: Thank you all so much for the advice :kissing_heart: I’m on my way to getting my character baby done and after all this work I fear I won’t make the deadline :flushed:

5 Likes

Yea!!! Thanks for the update!

3 Likes

I love your Pippi @lisalampe

1 Like

Awwww thanks :kissing_heart:

1 Like