HELP! His head caved in

I’ve never had this happen. Ben has a big dent in his skull now. I baked the primer coat and when I took him out, he looked like this. How do I fix it?

1 Like

Hmmm. Was it too close to the heating element?

probably. I had the extender ring on but the head was standing up. Can it be fixed or will I just have to stuff it really tight?

Are you sure it wasn’t there? It looks in the right spot for the skull “soft spot”

I wouldn’t think it would be too close if the extender was on. He isn’t a big kit…

I would just stuff well at the end.

2 Likes

Well…it just became a soft spot! No, I don’t think it was there already. He is otherwise fine so I guess I’ll go ahead and paint him and stuff his head really well.

1 Like

You can paint and bake it stuffed with polyfil, and bake it with the head laid down. Next bake take it out while still hot and see if you can push the fill in such a way it keeps the dent up. It should be OK, did number of dolls that were so soft they needed to be baked stuffed to keep their shape

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

I’ve had that happen one time. I rigged up a wooden skewer and used it to “prop” up the dent while baking and cooling. It actually seemed to fix itself, I just didn’t bake without the skewer in place. I found that stuffing the head with polyfil wasn’t enough to push the dent back up. Basically, anything that can support the dent during baking and cooling will work :blush: And it has to be heat resistant… I hope something works for you!

2 Likes

I had this happen with my first two kits I am still busy with. But both were on the side. With Shyann I put a heated rice sock and hungodly her upside down inside a pantihose for a day. With the heated rice sock. With Jake (his temple caved in because I didn’t open the oven after the 8 minutes was over) I stuffed him immediately with an old white vest and continued to bake him with it inside.
Shyann now has a slight slanted head :ok_woman:.Jake’second head is fine now.

1 Like