Hello, I'm from UK & new here

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post, I’m new to this forum & new to reborning, but I want to learn so here I am.
I have so far only reborned one doll, a cheap thing I got from eBay to practice on, it looks ok, I’m happy with it, although I’m sure you experts would cringe at the sight of it lol.
I have been using acrylic paints and I have just ordered my second kit (a proper one this time), it’s still a cheap one because I don’t want to spend lots of money until I have had more practice.
Any tips you could give me on starting out would be great.

Jacky x

5 Likes

What brand of paints are you using?
Patience, thin layers and practice.
Don’t be afraid of color, less is always more. You can add more easier than removing some. Have fun with it. Always go with legitimate sculpts as the vinyl will be much better (plus you don’t wanna work on knock offs)

1 Like

I’m using artist acrylics from my local craft shop along with liquitex gel matt medium & distilled water, I have struggled a bit getting the right consistency but learning.
The cheap one I got from eBay was just a naked 10 inch doll ,but the one I have ordered is the Hannah kit from rebornland (I hope it’s not a knock off).

1 Like

A few pictures (don’t laugh :joy:)

7 Likes

Hey that’s really good ! Nice hairs !

Thank you, I really wanted to try rooting but one step at a time :joy:

1 Like

Welcome! I’m new too! Great job on that hair!!! I love how wispy it looks.

1 Like

Very nice!!! I like the skintones you achieved with the acrylic paints

1 Like

Welcome and Happy Reborning!

1 Like

Thank you, it took a while because to start with I didn’t realise the dried a lot darker than the mix so she did look very sunburnt and harsh until I did a few more lighter layers to tone it down but I’m happy with her, apart from the hair on the ear, didn’t see it till it was dried so need to fix that x

For the hair I used a very soft fan brush with a few bristles plucked out and very little paint x

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Your baby looks very nice.

1 Like

Wow that’s an amazing first baby!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind feedback, it’s nice to know I’m doing something right, I can see this becoming a bit of an addiction for me :joy:

1 Like

Amazing! Great Job!

1 Like

Hello! I do not use acrylic paints but I did want to write and welcome you to the forum. :slight_smile: welcome!

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you x

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, great first baby.

1 Like

Thank you x