Have you ever gotten attached?

I have gotten attached and have quite a few regrets as I have always sold and never kept any. I always tell myself someday. A few of my regrets are my 1st Saskia, my Ava, my painted hair Laura and just about every June asleep I’ve done. :frowning:

10 Likes

I do get attached and call them my forever keepers. Then I get bored with them and sell them. Right now I’m hooked on my Lil Jude which I had every intention of selling. Maybe later.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am not a collector

I am NOT a collector

I AM NOT a collector

But I get so attached to mine that I end up keeping them unless someone speaks up and wants it or I specifically made it for someone else.

Again

I am not a collector :blush:

I painted Pascale super fast with the intention of a quick sale…

Fell in love and now she lives with me :rofl: Wilby would be staying with me but someone already claimed her (I love that sculpt for some reason!!!)

I also am keeping my Owen asleep, June asleep and I’m planning on keeping portrait dolls of my kiddos

I am not a collector BUT I think I get more attached to my finished babies than collectors do cause I see them buying and selling all the time.

I think it’s cause I made them :blush:. I still look at Pascale and wonder how I did that :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Man! See I don’t want regrets like that … I see why you miss them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they are beautiful

3 Likes

I made one a few years ago that i fell in love with and planned to keep. I had to sell him and i instantly regretted it. Sigh.

3 Likes

I very rarely feel any attachment to my babies, I never keep them ( I would have to find somewhere to keep them if I did) but a few times I’ve felt the urge to hold them, as I am right now, he feels so real :heart:
Ella, my dog is really jealous of Martin, lol, she keeps giving me puppy eyes and wondering why she can’t get in my lap :laughing:.

12 Likes

He is amazing… great hair and details…

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

I’ve never gotten attached or felt the urge to keep one, I’m always happy to see them go on to their homes. I don’t collect at all though and while I love reborns and have a great appreciation for the art I’ve never had the urge to hold one after I put them together. So I paint, root, assemble and ship without any emotional feelings towards them outside of them being something I created to sell. I do wish I had kept my first, not because I felt attached, but it would be nice to be able to compare my work now every once in a while.

4 Likes

Thank you ~ xo

2 Likes

News flash! You are a collector. :rofl:

4 Likes

I get very attached until the next baby lol

4 Likes

I think hoarder might be more accurate :wink:

3 Likes

Ashley is spending the next three days with my mom so she can attend weekly tea with my aunts (there are eight of them!) My aunts have seen pictures of my dolls over the last few months I’ve been painting, but haven’t gotten to hold them or see them in person yet.

It’s only THREE DAYS and I have a weird anxiety about leaving her. I have a problem :see_no_evil:

16 Likes

I have kept Bailey Scholl and Penelope Toner, so far. I started painting Penelope about four years ago and have just finished her. She will get her lashes tomorrow, hopefully, and then she has a vintage style gown and bonnet that she will be dressed in. She and Bailey live in a cradle in my painting room. I have an Ava kit and a Laura kit that I plan on keeping once I can get to reborning them.

3 Likes

I love Ava…

4 Likes

Yes, I regret selling many of my babies lol

2 Likes

I have always wanted to make a really special one to keep for myself and then I end up saying nooo, its not good enough. I keep thinking Im not doing a good enough job even to sell one.

Everyone is a different artist though and if we have confidence and enjoy the process I think that can go a long way.

I keep them all. All the babies are keepers. Its a problem, i need a bigger closet, more shelves more bins. More yarn for blankets and booties and lovies. More time to actually paint one here and there, instead of collecting blank kits.

(Ive made dolls for family members, my mom and young neices. But selling scares me, it seems stressful. and i get attached to the dolls- even blank!)
Theres some dolls i collected in the beginning, when i wasnt sure exactly what i like the most in a kit, that i would pass on to someone else, if i didnt feel worried id be scammed and if i knew theyd be loved/cared for
But when i get them out and look at them, i feel tender about them & i dont mind keeping them )

2 Likes

Haha I have the same problems you do!

2 Likes