Has anyone seen these dolls before?

Doing some spring cleaning in my garage I came across these two babies that my sister bought in the early 1990s at a doll show has anyone ever seen anything like these before ? They are made out of nylon stockings but they are pretty big and chunky.

14 Likes

I have something like this… was a gift, called "pickle people: and is in a mason jar (sold in late 70’s-early 80’s)… these are really cute too <3

2 Likes

Wow, when I was in 4th grade(I am 48 now) my best friend’s mom had a craft store, she would make and sell these. They were all the rage back then in the crafting world. Great find!

2 Likes

I thought I had gotten rid of these a long time ago. Amazing the things you find in your own garage LOL. I had to bring them back in out of the cold and put them in my doll room!:blush:

3 Likes

Aww!! They’re really cute!!

1 Like

Looks like a ‘take off’ of the original Cabbage Patch.

3 Likes

They are super cute!!!

1 Like

OMG I remember those little pickle people. They were really popular back then.

4 Likes

I don’t remember any “pickle people”, but I did make some soft-sculptured dolls back in the early to mid 1980’s. These remind me of them. I like the idea of pickle people in jars. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had an aunt that lived in California and she made me a girl and a boy doll using the stockings when I was a young teenager. She did wonderful work and actually sold to stores. Your dolls bring back some sweet memories.

1 Like

these are the pickle people

1 Like

Some fun trivia for you all. Cabbage patch dolls idea was stolen from the original artist by the maker of the cabbage patch dolls. He used to buy her dolls and sell them as his own. Until he learned to make them himself and copyrighted them. Stole the idea right from another artist

They do look similar @NancyW. Mine are about 20" long and somewhat fat. But they look like they were put together the same way.

1 Like

@taylorsgirl so sad that someone would make a fortune off of someone else’s ideas.