Has anyone done Kyle by Pat Moulton

Bella doesn’t have nice ears either. :ear:

A lot of the older sculpts don’t have good detail. We are so spoiled now with all the realism on the new sculpts. I bet when these older ones came out everyone thought they were super!!

3 Likes

There are a few kits I looked at with the kids and then decided against getting due to their ears, arms/hands and legs/feet

Kyle makes a beautiful baby I have done a couple but yes those ears are very blah, if you can look past them he is wonderful especially for $15

1 Like

Your baby boy is beautiful, don’t mean to take anything away for your work, I made AMber and the legs and the pointy fingers and the ears ,didn’t care for them at all. Good job on Kyle, so sweet.

1 Like

Awwww ladies, don’t make me hate these kits because of the ears…I never really looked at them before…now the whole time I am painting I am going to be looking at their ears…I don’t want to sell them because they are kits I have never bothered doing before (sort of went away from BB kits for several years before coming back when they introduced the Realborns.) and though I don’t like the limbs, I like the little faces but now I keep focusing on the ears…hmmmmmm :disappointed:

2 Likes

These are the kits that I think their “enhancements” would benefit… redo these ones like they did Jewel and Cozy… Then have picture contests for the enhanced kits like they did for Jewel.

2 Likes

I agree, they could look at the ears on a lot of the older kits and enhance them. I think Kyle has an adorable face and it truly looks like a BOY to me. I would NOT like to see them enhance his little face at all cause it is perfect the way it is. The ears, now that’s another story. Lots of them need that done. A lot of the hands and feet too could do with enhancement.

2 Likes

Here’s my Kyle, but I’m still really new ay this.

3 Likes

Kyle was my first, he came with my starters’ kit. I think he has a pretty sweet face too, but he has a bit of an ‘old man’ look. His ears - well, I agree with what was said, he really looks best with hats that cover his ears as in the prototype picture, which is why I didn’t notice this little detail when I chose that kit.
I’m not crazy over the fingers either but then again, this was my first painting job so I didn’t do a great job on them, maybe that’s what bothers me about them.
Here is a picture of my Kyle ( please ignore the not-great rooting job… my first try at that, too :smile: )

6 Likes

@Shaina, @Kate, and @Rachyface Love all your Kyle’s!!!

4 Likes

I agree, nice work ladies…I think I will have to get that little head out and do him sometime in the near future. :smile:

1 Like