Harlow New vinyl?

My Realborn Harlow kit arrived today and the vinyl seems different. It’s slightly darker than my Jade Awake kit and feels different, not as soft. Has anyone else ordered her and noticed this? It’s not a bad change, just curious about it.

3 Likes

I’ll have to let you know when she gets here! She’s in the mail on her way to me now

2 Likes

Great! Thank you!

I noticed this as well when I got my kit. And the rims of the vinyl look different too :heart:

1 Like

Definitely, orange and a lot firmer. Here’s Harlow’s head next to Miranda? It’s not very noticeable in pics but very obvious in person.

3 Likes

Yes exactly. The rims seem wider.

Yes it is. You can also see in the picture that the rims of the vinyl are thicker too. I wonder if this is how all of the new kits will be.

Do the neck rings still fit?

I’m not sure because I don’t use them, I use paper glaze. The flange is quite a bit thicker and does not have as much give as previous Realborns. I hope it’s not a permanent change.

1 Like

I noticed this little note when looking at Callie today. Went to Harlow to check and she has it too.

3 Likes

Marnie as well. Don’t see it on the others though. Just Harlow, Callie and Marnie.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I don’t remember seeing it on the listing when I purchased her. I probably would not have purchased her if I saw it first.

4 Likes

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you all so much!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up I nearly ordered but im going to pass on these orangy and harder vinyls. The reason I love working on realborns is the color! The light neutral non orange and the just right softness to the vinyl. @bountifulbaby will this be just a temporary change ? @bbsupport

1 Like