Hardest part of reborning

What’s the hardest part for you? For me it’s the detailing making sure the creases are right color wise. Then it’s selecting the right eye color oh and hair color too. I think all these details are hard for me. Like for example this baby: I see her with brown eyes, blue eyes or even grey maybe hazel.

5 Likes

I think hazel eyes would complement her skintone

2 Likes

I was thinking that as well but Hazel is so hard to find I’m gonna keep looking

2 Likes

I think hazel eyes also.

1 Like

Hardest part for me is eye insertion and positioning. Everything else is easy. :grin:

2 Likes

These are the best hazel eyes! They look like real hazel…seem to change color. I use this in lots of dolls.

3 Likes

I know exactly what your talking about super hard

2 Likes

I also have a hard time choosing the right eye color. I usually stick with brown but I’ve noticed that some brown eyes appear red, some appear gray, some appear black. It’s so hard to find a pair of true to color brown eyes.

2 Likes

I have the same problem and am picking glue off my fingers after having a really wonderful time putting in Flynn’s eyes and eyelashes earlier today. He was so easy to paint, and to root…the eyes just weren’t working. Im never using oval eyes again! Still, his Mommy is happy and he came out pretty cute…but he is cute anyway, hard to mess up :wink:

3 Likes

Or purple. I got a brown pair and purple was the color far from brown

3 Likes

Thank you I’m checking them out

1 Like

Hair!!! My latest one has been sitting for over a week, just because of the hair. I hate it :frowning:

2 Likes

Hair and setting eyes.
I love making closed eyes baldies, haha.

3 Likes

For inserting eyes part may I suggest to try to close your eyes while you doing it. I did it on my 2 opened eyes babies, and when I posted it somewhere here and another artists tried that way, she said it worked for her like a magic. Worth to try it. Let me know if it work for you too :).

3 Likes

I’ve only done 5 babies, but I actually dread putting in eyes. Doesn’t matter if I put them in from the front or back, it takes hours and makes my hands cramp up to the point that I need to take painkillers. I’ve decided other than the 2 open eyed kits I’ve got right now I’m only buying sleeping kits from now on lol so much easier and it means no having to choose an eye colour either :grinning:

3 Likes

@kells I used to have that problem someone told me to just cut the flap more and it worked.

2 Likes

I have lots of issues, but I think the hardest part is letting go. If i had my way I would have a house full of babies.

3 Likes

This is one pretty eye but it’s so expensive

5 Likes

That is a beautiful eye

1 Like

Yes it is however it’s over my budget for sure