Handling Vinyl Babies

I didn’t even notice that… I’m telling you, I’m gonna mess her up somehow. It’s just a matter of time. Her feet aren’t touching now. Lol!! Thank you for pointing that out!

4 Likes

Put socks.

3 Likes

Her feet weren’t stuck. She got changed to a snuggly because it is a little overcast and chilly out today. She’s enjoying some porch time since the sun isn’t out to fade her.

11 Likes

Golden Polymer Varnish with UVLS (UltraViolet Light Stabilizers), so try not to worry too, too much.

She looks adorable in her sleeper. :blush:

5 Likes

Dang!! She’s like a fully loaded new car! :hushed::laughing:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I try to use the best of everything I can get my hands on so these babies will last as long as possible.

I am in contact with customers who have dolls from 4-5 years ago that are still in good shape. One is starting to go shiny now, but that particular doll is handled a lot, clothing changed all the time ect.

4 Likes

Um oh hell no! Not your problem I’d she finds them unsettling :woman_facepalming:t2: YOUR house not here! I find it rude of people to even comment so openly the way they do. If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all hmpf!

4 Likes

I have two babies that I change a lot. I re varnish them every few months. One is GHSP and the other is Liquitex Pro so no difference, they both get shiny from wear. The paint is still great on both of them.

3 Likes

What about if you handle them using a blanket? I seldom change my dolls and always hold them wrapped up in a blanket. Does that help with anything other than color transfer?

2 Likes

It’s a rare occurrence when I do not have a doll in my arms lol. I’ve had to re varnish a few times but have had zero issues with paint rubbing off even with how often I change them.

1 Like

Hot Flashes prevent me from holding them in a blanket @Ladybuggirl :wink: :sweat_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Me too!!!:tired_face:. But I meant a blanket around the doll, not me!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

A muslin blanket, maybe ?

3 Likes

Does that lessen the wear and tear on the doll?

1 Like

This probably goes without saying, but washing your hands immediately before handling your reborn cuts down on oil transfer.

3 Likes

@Leabelle I just happened to try my silk pillowcase while holding the baby. That worked I didn’t get hot, lol. (Of course it is not real silk it is a Dollar Store case) but I am going to go get some more.

@Ladybuggirl I do know what you meant, but if I just touch a blanket I get hot, lol. I sleep under a sheet only, sometimes two if it is cold. :scream:

@TrinityCrystal the only time I put lotion on my hands is when I go out, because I will forget that it is on my hands.

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought of this actually. I wash my hands before touching my dolls because it is habit and like an automatic process now. Working with silicone and being scared of inhibition is where I picked it up from. My son said it was ridiculous but I figured it would keep them clean longer anyway so I still do it. No need to create a situation that I’d need to clean one and risk messing up the paint.

3 Likes