Hancock Fabrics is Closing!

Oh, no! I just heard Hancock Fabrics is closing. So sad. :cry:

http://hancockfabrics.com/

2 Likes

So sad or sew sad. It will be missed.

7 Likes

I grabbed a bunch of stuff at ours, including a big box of poly fill for a great price. I guess I need to go back to what is even cheaper. Is it all the Hancock stores? The ladies in our said it was just some.

3 Likes

It’s all the stores. :tired_face:

1 Like

I also go a box of poly fill then saw on Amazon it was cheaper than Hancocks sale price

2 Likes

Oh no! Here is this part of Louisiana they are the only fabric store around.

1 Like

Nooo! This is very bad news. I go there all the time. Now I’ll have to make a 2 hour round trip to buy fabrics and notions.

1 Like

Oh, no!

Ick!

Closing here in Colorado to. It seemed to me they were always busy. Probably cant compete with Joann’s

2 Likes

That is sad. When I was young, in my thirties, (probaboy not young to some of you, LOL) I bought all my fabric at Hancocks. I made all my maternity clothes and lots of things for my babies. I have fond memories of the excitement of pouring over pattern books there and the subsequent hours of frustration as I ripped out more seams than I put in! I was a less than talented, but very determined seamstress! I even made mens shirts and on one occasion a swimsuit. All the material came from Hancocks. They will be missed.

6 Likes

LOL!!! Same here! I’m not sewing if I’m not ripping out seams!! :confounded:

2 Likes

Oh no! That is sad news.

1 Like

I guess I’ll be taking a few trips.

Ours in Montgomery is also closing. No good deals. I went and checked them out and it wasn’t much to get excited about. We will still have our JoAnns, Hobby Lobby and some other privately owned sewing/fabric shops.

3 Likes

No, no, no!!! :0(

1 Like

Ours is closing in Sioux Falls SD also, I was told that they filed bankruptcy, don’t know if that is correct or not, ours was kind of off the beaten trail but they did seem to get business. We still have Joanne’s ,and Heirloom creations and a few other quilting specialty shops.

2 Likes