Hair paint question 🤔

How thick do you mix your paint for hair? Do you use thinning med. , reg. Thinner? What are the best brushes for this? I’m not doing something right… :thinking::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

@allhisgrace has done many different styles… maybe she can help? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Following , so far I used prisma pencil only

2 Likes

@WillowsWeeOnes @specialmoments

1 Like

I use Prismacolor pencils for the most part unless I am using 3D texture medium. Then I’ll use GHSP paints as well to actually paint hair. I typically only use GHSP paints and 3D texture on black colored hair. I found that actually harder bristles (for larger areas) not the nylon brushes give a better effect so you don’t destroy brushes by cutting. I actually just put the smallest drop of odorless thinner in my Mars Black and use it straight from the jar.

4 Likes

I use ghsp. Consistency like ink, yes thinned with thinner.A very thin script liner brush, then pluck until about three hairs left. Each time i load brush, i brush excess off on my hand before painting.

3 Likes

Lol that’s what I do too! The hand thing! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

2 Likes

My hands/wrist always look like this…lol… with blues and pinks, people think ive injured my hand. I can never have nice nails anymore either😕

5 Likes

I use prisma pencils, but when I use paint, I mix my paint with regular paint thinner. And the thickness of the paint depends on how light or dark you want your hair to be.

3 Likes

I used to do that when I was painting, but I’ve actually managed to train myself to use a folded paper towel, LOL

3 Likes

Totally!!! Lololol I love it! And yes, no more nice nails for me:-(

1 Like

I use same consistency, just wipe more off for lighter strokes. That way, you dont have to keep mixing paint.

3 Likes

It looks like you got lots of helpful replies. I can’t wait to see your hair. I’m sure you’ll do a wonderful job!

2 Likes