Grey silicone

I have a very grey silicone baby to begin to paint. What is the best way to neutralize her?

Peach neutralizes gray.

4 Likes

Would you pounce it on? I need a thorough coverage. Should I paint a thin layer?

I have done the gray silicone before and I do overall coverage with light mottle type sponges. Silicone paint spreads more so it is not going to be as distinct of a mottle pattern usually but it will give it depth.
I also paint with primary color families and no flesh tones so you can even just do a warm red layer then a yellow ochre layer and keep going from there. You will want to stay closer to the warm colors but balance things as you go and not saturate heavy when you do your blue undertones. That is my method anyways.

3 Likes

Thanks. That is very helpful. I was told to do peach, but I didn’t like it and took it off.

The problem with peach is most peach colors have white in them and that mutes the skin tones. So doing mixes of reds and yellows give you the neutralizing factor without the muting of the white. I should have said that the first time when I mentioned peach neutralizes gray.

2 Likes

You have been very helpful. Thanks. Can you help me with my too red lips on my silicone?

Let me go to that thread.