Grey Gabriel

How do I get rid of grey undertone? I am out of ideas. I keep seeing grey/ green. Here is a pic… But the color in the pic in not accurate.

There are a ton of tuts, if you google neutralizing BB grey vinyl. :slight_smile: He’s looking good though! Love the old Gabriel!

Oh and off the top of my head I would think some warming washes perhaps?

2 Likes

Orange washes help, I make it the color of orange juice concentrate. I think it’s red with yellow and a touch of brown. Or use yellow ochre if you have it.

2 Likes

He looks great btw! I love his blushing and mottling

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try it. I love this scuplt… But can not get the color where I want it!!!:weary: this is the last doll my husband will finish baking for me… And then I will just be rooting away. Can the primary washes be done with air dry paint?

1 Like

Nikki, your needles are in San Antonio. Hopefully they’ll get there tomorrow.

1 Like

To correct grey I do 2-3 yellow washes if it needs it I then do a rusty red wash (Orange + pink blush)

2 Likes

Yeah!!! That’s so awesome @jeanhai! @tweetheart- thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t have an orange… :scream:

1 Like

you can make orange by mixing yellow and red :smile:

2 Likes

Yellow and red 2:1

1 Like

I think he looks C-U-T-E, Nikki!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️ And I’m not even a huge fan of this sculpt- I can’t wait to see him done!! I have no suggestions, but if all else fails you could vamp him up! I’m sure you’ll be able to fix the gray issue, though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nik------I did a Gabriel a while ago and I hated the grey vinyl. It is really hard to neutralize. I know I did a million washes on him and h still wasn’t great. He turned out cute but I don’t want to do another one in the old vinyl, that’s for sure. Yours looks like he’s coming out nice though, Can’t wait to see him finished !!

1 Like

Totally Lynn!!! It just doesn’t look right… No matter what I try. This one is my mothers Christmas gift- it has to be my best. I have something to prove here! I might have to get the new Gabriel. :scream:

Can I see your Gabriel? :heart:

I think he’s on here somewhere, I’ll try to find him for you and let you know.

1 Like

Here’s a couple Nik------sorry everybody these have been shown before.

4 Likes

She is awesome!! You did a great job with that vinyl! My vinyl on him feels yucky stiff…But never say die!!! At least my mom wants a baldie, so I have that going for me! Lol this is the baby that was matched to my baby pic!

I tell you Nik, I really struggled with him the whole time. Thanks for the compliment, he did come out pretty cute considering his coloring.

1 Like