Good choice for an oven?

Hello! So there is a convection oven I’ve been eyeing at Walmart, it’s small, but I have a very small house with very little storage. I’m just trying to figure out weather it would work for reborning or not. Other people have recommended the nuwave, because its smaller but the one I’ve been looking at has a much prettier price tag. Any advice?

I definitely would recommend the NuWave. These toaster ovens don’t have enough room from the rack to the heating element. I have a much bigger one than this and I don’t use it for reborning any more. Larger heads are too close to the element and can burn or melt easily. You are right the NuWave Is much more expensive but does a much better job. My comvection toaster oven (like above) does not have a 265 temperature so I had to sit right there and turn it from 250 to 275 sometimes to 300 to bring the temperature up and then turn it back down, it was a pain in the rear. Mine only moved by 25 degree increments. It was a drag–took much longer to warm up and took your parts much longer to cool as well. I know there is a big difference in cost but sometimes you are better to invest in the beginning than to buy one and then later have to buy another. If you should decide on a NuWave make sure you get an extender ring and use an oven thermometer. What ever you decide good luck to you. JMO.

1 Like

I agree with Lynn that that unit is too small. You’ll find that the NuWave is sooo worth the investment.

1 Like

Okay, thank you very much =]

1 Like

My hubby gave me a NuWave as part of my Mother’s Day gift. I can’t wait to try it out.

Ohhhh, you’re gonna’ love it!! What a great hubby!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You will Love it for sure! Keep the Hubby.

2 Likes

I agree with everyone else. I bought a much bigger one when I started and it was a pain, there were hot spots in the oven and if it wasn’t melting parts on my kits, my paints were never cured. I’ve ruined many kits with one of these. I found my halogen oven on eBay for super cheap, $16 plus $11 in shipping. It was used but looked new. Even if I would of bought a brand new nuwave, I would of saved money by not buying the countertop one and plus the money on my melted kits that are now test kits. I would definitely recommend a nuwave, check eBay and you might get lucky.

2 Likes

I still bake in my home oven. I don’t get to work on my babies as often as some of you so I don’t bake as often. I also only work on one baby at a time.

I also crack the back door, which is in the kitchen, turn the fans on, and I stay out of the kitchen until my timer goes off.
Even though I have never noticed any bad odors I am sure it is putting off some kind of fumes LOL.

We live in a townhouse apartment so I just do not have room for a NuWave at this time.

~Mandy

I got my NuWave on Amazon with free shipping. I noticed today that they have the ProPlus for around $140 with the extender ring. I got the Pro for $120.

1 Like

NuWave is without a doubt the way to go with the circulated heat. I think you have more control of it and the parts always come out great. I don’t worry about melting parts. Best investment ever for reborning the babies.

2 Likes

I love mynuwave…