Glue eyes and lashes.modge podge?

Can You use modge podge to give eyes a shine and hold lashes in?what products can you use?
.clear gem tac? .I know there is a product people use but can’t think of the name don’t know where to buy it Anyone know.?

I don’t personally put any shine over the eye itself because I have seen over the last 10 years that many of them go cloudy with time…I DO use Aleena’s Paper Glaze around the rims and in the corners of the eye to give the illusion of shine…

2 Likes

I do this! I don’t use applied lashes, but root then instead. Here is the end result.

12 Likes

Well, yeah, but you’re REALLY good at rooting eyelashes on an open eyed baby! I, on the other hand, totally suck at it.

2 Likes

Gosh I wish I could root lashes like you Pia! I just can’t seem to root open eyes. I don’t have any trouble at all with closed eye rooting. Why can’t I do this! GRRRR! Teach me, Pia.

4 Likes

I do the same as @Pia does only I now root the lower lashes, too.

12 Likes

Thank you, Michelle. :blush:

1 Like

Gorgeous Pia, looks so realistic.

1 Like

Just keep after it Helen. I found that using finer mohair with a bit of curl makes much nicer lashes than heavier less wavy hair!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips, Pia. I will definately keep trying because I hate it when I can’t do something!

1 Like

You’ll get it, Helen!

1 Like

Angela, do you insert the eyes from the back? Also, maybe changing the angle of the needle will help. ??

1 Like

Yes, you can trim the hair on the inside, leaving enough to glue. Also, when you glue, you can kinda’ push them up, away from the eye opening.

1 Like

Newbie question… does everyone root the lashes before inserting the eye?
I haven’t tried to root lashes yet and was wondering about this.
Someone on you tube used ceramacoat in the eye they said it glued the lashes besides making the eye shiney so seems that would solve the lashes coming out onto the eyeball problem if you inserted first…I wondered if it was a problem…I guess it is!!

Rooted lashes are done BEFORE inserting the eyes. Glued-on lashes are done AFTER the eyes have been inserted.

Ahh I see. Good point scratch the eyes!

1 Like

Exactly! :slight_smile: