Glass Bead Search

Hi all!

Has anyone bought glass beads from this seller on eBay, or do you have one you recommend? I was scrolling through old posts on here, but it looks like most sellers that people like are no longer in business. Thanks!

Maddie

1 Like

Yes, but they haven’t arrived yet. The first shipment got demolished by ups and the sent out a new one. Should be here tomorrow.

2 Likes

Good to know! Please let me know what you think when it arrives

1 Like

I bought these. It’s local for me so I picked them up instead of having it shipped.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a great price!

1 Like

I usually used Abrasive Armory but they have not had the ones I wanted.
The last couple times I got them here. These cost more but she packages them really well. Puts them in gallon zip lock bags, double bagged and fills the Large Flat Rate box up so it is 25 lbs of glass. I think it comes out to 5 bags if I remember. Sometimes the box arrives worn or torn a bit but she packages so well they still survive.

4 Likes

This is what I ordered several times, but only use them in limbs,
In socked I use BB beads. I love BB beads the best - they are the cleanest. I only order then when BB puts them with 50%.

2 Likes

The abrasive armory is sold out of the mil1 I like for the body so I searched and could only find as large as mil2. I bought mil4 and they were almost like the Sandy stuff from harbor freight. But I agree about the packaging. It’s tough to get into them and ups never broke them like they did these new ones.

2 Likes

I bought these recently. Some of the bags were fine, but the last ziploc I opened had green glass shards in them!! Hard to see, because they were long and skinny. They were in every little scoop I took! It was impossible to separate them out. There were so many. @YelenaRey did you see any?

2 Likes

No, all mine are clear, but I didn’t ordered them recently.

2 Likes

Mine were from the summer, so I did not take it up with the seller. I’m back to buying BB beads now.

2 Likes

Yes. I purchased from them around last April. They were fast. They gave me four day free shipping. They arrived in a nice red bucket, and they are very nice beads.

I think Abrasive Armory referred me to them. They were one of the few on eBay who had the #3 beads, and their price was the best. Abrasive Armory said they had been out of the #3 beads for a while and were not sure if they would be able to get them again.

1 Like

Same here, but I haven’t seen them on sale in quite a while, I’ve been waiting.

2 Likes

Got the mil2 from the Winona seller. They look clean and I like this size much better for the torso than the mil4 I got from another place. I do miss my mil1 from abrasive armory.

6 Likes

Good to know! Thank you!

1 Like

I use the recycled glass beads from Bean Shanine’s shop. I like they’re they’re heavier, and the blues and greens add a depth to my dolls. I will say they are not cost efficient though.

I’ve heard the glass pieces like that, since they are like shards, can cut and wear down the vinyl by rubbing on the inside of the limbs.

1 Like

OH NO! That would never do. Wonder why that happened? Did you let them know?

I didn’t message her about it, only because it’s 7 months later and I don’t want to start a conflict. I already used the first several bags, which were fine. Next time I buy beads from an individual, I will inspect them all when I get them.

1 Like

These are the beads I got from the cmw2007 on eBay. The first two bags were fine. This one is plum full of long skinny pieces of glass. I would hate to get one of these in my foot or not have seen them and sold a doll and have this work its way out :face_with_peeking_eye:. Please inspect your glass beads from anywhere but BB! Be careful out there! They looked normal until I was pouring!

3 Likes