Ghsp?

Where does everyone get their heat set paint? Best prices? Shipping is pretty expensive.

Genesis has been discontinued so you will need to use an alternate brand. I think that there are ladies that like the Irresistables brand of heat set. I think @anjsmiles has tried several other brands, but those of us that still have Genesis are hoarding it.

3 Likes

Oh i still have genesis.

Great… you won’t likely find anymore unless an artist is switching paints of quitting reborning.

3 Likes

Im thinking of quitting. It gets overwhelming and I feel like I’m a beginner all over again. But thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Xodus paints can be mixed with odorless mineral spirits? Thats what I mixed genesis with.

1 Like

A little bit of paint goes a long way. I’ve painted hundreds of babies and still have a ton of genesis paints left.

MacPhersons, BountifulBaby, and eBay have some. I would stock up on BB given their prices. eBay has a few good priced paints, but most are outrageous given the discontinuation.

I was always told not to make big decisions when I’m experiencing big emotions. Nothing says you have to start painting right away. Nothing says you have to quit right now. I’m here for you. I got you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Sydney. You’re so sweet. I really appreciate you.
I feel like I’m gonna cry.

1 Like

The Xodus mediums are made to be used just like Genesis. I mix my Xodus mediums with Gamsol odorless thinner.

3 Likes

I have tried the IRHSP and the BC paints. They are different from Genesis but both systems do work. I like the IRHSP overall best because they have UV protection in them and are made in the US. Esther is ever improving them as well and has strengthened the pigments load since I got my starter set for testing. I have a large supply of Genesis so I am set for a few years and am not looking for anything at the moment. I love the Xodus mediums and use those with my Genesis. I have been told Brenda is still working with a company on producing her own line of Xodus paints as well. I just think it has been slow going.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone.

1 Like

So the BB Ghsp isn’t real or good? I see it for sale and they sale it’s original formula. ??

It’s good. It is the original formula. The problem is that GHSP is discontinued. They’re no longer producing it. The main point in this thread is that we’re looking for alternatives to Genesis because they’re getting harder and harder to find.

I, for one, am really excited to see what MacPherson’s Xodus colors are like when they’re released!

2 Likes

Hi Angie, love your videos btw. I just used the Xodux matte for the first time. I like it but it feels rough . Anyway to make it feel a bit softer?

1 Like

I have not had mine to feel rough at all. I was told that they are still tweeking on the formula so yours may be a tad different from mine. With Genesis, adding a little odorless thinner to thin it down made it less rough. You might try that. Also, be sure you stir it well before you dip any out so the matting agents are mixed well.

3 Likes

Thanks, just asking because I’ve been wondering with the BB sale items. I wanted to get them but remember someone on this form mentioned they “weren’t “ before.

1 Like

Thank you, will do. It kinda feels like the genises Matte felt like if it wasn’t mixed with some satin.

I sure hope the BB sale Genesis are really Genesis and not something else.

1 Like

I got some of the paints and they are really really watery. I remember a long time ago people said they mixed something with the paint to stretch it. Like it was thinner than if you bought from other places. So I’m not sure if it’s just that or if it’s new formula ghsp. I have only tried a couple so far and they seem to cure fine, just seem diluted.

1 Like

Good to know. Thank you!