Gertie by LLE...Your Thoughts?

$139?? I could buy 4 1/2 realborn kits for that.:joy:

And yes, this is my real thought process. Keeps me from buying too many kits from other places.

5 Likes

Lol,i got her,i collect lles,might have to work with the lips though.

1 Like

Yes! Esme and Gertie do look alike.

2 Likes

I had to have a look and honestly don’t see any resemblance. Yes they both have a open mouth and legs or similar but I see this look in so many babies I watch. I work in a nursery when I have time and I definitely see this look. However I don’t think I will be getting Gertie. I can not see myself paying that much for a kit when I am a beginner. How come the kits are so expensive? I’m honestly just wondering no hate from me! I’m here to learn.

The cost of making the kits, and for materials, plus the sculptor’s time and talent.

1 Like

Ah ok! I apologize. I’m just starting to learn what all goes into making kits.

1 Like

I love the Realborn kits and I love the hand sculpted kits. They each have their merits. When looking at pricing of kits there are 2 things to consider about the more expensive hand sculpted kits. #1 - They are hand sculpted. That takes lots of time and talent. It is not the same as scanning a real baby with a 3D scanner and producing it into a kit. LLE is a VERY talented artist and her sculpts are amazing. You are paying for her expertise and artistic ability as well. #2 - these kits are limited editions. While this may not matter to some, to many collectors it does. There are buyers who do not want mass produced kit babies and will only buy LE kit babies. There are other buyers who are looking for a more affordable reborn and do not care how the kit was produced. Overall, Realborn kit babies just do not sell as high as hand sculpted LE kits. Not to say that there have not been some high dollar sales of the Realborn babies but they are limited to the artists who have that kind of following. For the average known artist who makes very nice babies, the babies made from the LE hand sculpted kits generally do sell for more. Of course, the work has to be top quality and pleasing to the eye or else it will not sell well no matter what the kit was.

6 Likes

I’m not liking the Gertie kit either. I have a feeling once I get it I’ll post it for sale or for trade.

3 Likes

I bought two kits and resold them… I didn’t care for her in person. I made 11 Saskias and loved them BUT a lot of people say they don’t like that kit ,too… luckily there are kits for everyones taste :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Makes since as I don’t like saskia but I’m not to fond of this one eith r

1 Like

I’ve seen some reborned that I like and others not so much.

I wasn’t sure of her, but once i painted her an all…well i just love her😳

such an expressive face

5 Likes

She turns out better than you think she will. Here are some quick cell pics of my custom Gertie on the table with her glosses drying.

3 Likes

Does she have teeth? I saw somewhere someone saying she has two tiny teeth

She has a nice gum line on which you could paint little teeth if you wanted but she does not have actual teeth.

1 Like

Thanks

I did a custom order Gertie a few months ago and will be doing another one in a week. I think she turned out great once I got her done. She is very similar to the Saskia kit though which I’ve done 4 custom orders of.

5 Likes

You did a great job on her. Yes, she does resemble Saskia. I love her bottom teeth.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like