Gertie by LLE...Your Thoughts?

Gertie by LLE will be out for preorder on the 25th. What are you guys thoughts on the kit?

I personally think she looks extremely familiar. Very similar to Bonnie’s Saskia. I mean the hands, mouth, leg extention. I’ve seen mixed reviews in the community. What are your thoughts?

4 Likes

Looks like Saskia to me too. I’m going to pass.

3 Likes

Pass.
I dislike the shape of the bottom lip. The similarities to Saskia (very popular kit) I can get past. They are not copied just similar… but I can not get over the lip.

5 Likes

Gosh same legs and fingers as Saskia but don’t like the lips and on the whole not for me.I would buy another Saskia instead.JMO

5 Likes

They’re VERY similar besides the bottom lip, overall size of the mouth, and eyes. They have similar face shape, cheeks, even the ears, the feet shape, the finger, the legs even the creasing on the legs are similar, and they are similar in size. :woman_shrugging: I think she’s cute but I’m not a huge fan of the bottom lip as well.

2 Likes

Even though I am a big fan of LLE and have most of her sculpts I’m passing on this one. I agree the mouth just isn’t letting me be drawn to her. I did order Birdie, and it should be here on Thurs.

2 Likes

I love Saskia, she is definitely one of my very favorite sculpts------not as crazy about this one, don’t care for the mouth. Not purchasing.

1 Like

She does remind me of Saskia.
I’m not a fan of the bottom lip as well. But I’m also not into the ‘pointing’ hands, which is also what kept me from getting Saskia.

1 Like

Ive been waiting for her, thanks for posting I didnt realise she was coming out. I am also preorder Ethon by Cassie Brace, he goes on preorder on an Italian site, Im in France, on the 4th of June.

2 Likes

Everyone is having an issue with her mouth. I’m so surprised LLE didn’t change it. Imo it looks Dolly like and not like a real baby (mouth) which makes me sad bc I was excited for Gertie to come out. I’m with you , I’m going to pass!

3 Likes

Yes she only has Gertie open for preorders for 3 days…she has the info on her FB page

1 Like

I see many are saying they do not like the mouth on Gertie. Really though, to me it just looks like a more pronounced version of the same mouth that is on Esme. Folks liked her…

2 Likes

I think Esme’s mouth is totally different.

1 Like

Where is the kit being sold? I followed one link that said the full price of the kit will be 195…if its that much Ill have to pass as well.

Macphersons will have her but I don’t know what her price will be. I must be in the minority here, but I actually like Gertie more than Saskia. Her mouth doesn’t bother me at all, and I think she’s adorable! I won’t be ordering her though, as I already have 2 kits on preorder (that I broke my “kit diet” for) and about 50 or so in my stash!

5 Likes

It looks like her pricing hasn’t been listed yet. Most LLE kits are between $130-150. I’m not sure all the places she will be sold at but Macphersons is carrying her and Laura Lee Eagles will be selling her on her site.

1 Like

I really like the biracial version of her. The pointing finger and legs do look very similar to Saskia.

2 Likes

Here is a photo I snarfed off FB of her next to Esme. To me they DO look alike.

6 Likes

Well how about triplets, Gertie, Saskia and Esme! :thinking:

6 Likes

Shes$139.99,i just can’t find what size eyes she will need.

1 Like