GAMSOL Odorless Mineral Spirits

Hi! I’m new to reborning and I’m currently picking up some supplies to get started. I wanted to know if I need to lower the temperature when baking the kits and up the time from eight minutes. Gamsol has a flashpoint of 145 degrees fahrenheit, with that said, is the normal 260 - 265 baking temp. too high? Also, does Gamsol work well with all skin tones/details or just ethnic flesh tones? Thanks.

1 Like

If you lower the temperature the paint won’t cure, but Gamsol works great being baked at the temperatures needed for reborning. I only use Gamsol now, it works very well for all skin tones and it’s safer to use than thinner. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Gamsol is just another brand of mineral spirits, supposedly it is less harmful. When the paint dries all the mineral spirits have evaporated, and is safe to bake.

4 Likes

I only use the Gamblin Gamsol on all skin types. I have not lowered the temp at all and have not had any problems. I much prefer the Gamsol to any other brand for painting with. Especially for ethnic babies.

3 Likes

I was just about to ask this question. I just bought it because a reborner told me about it. But I was reading the label and it’s warning says it’s combustible. Thanks.

I still use the same temp and time as I did for Mono Lisa. Gamsol takes a little longer to dry but I prefer it for blending esp ethnic tones

Haven’t had any issues with the combustible warning. It has flashed off by the time it is baked.

When you say it takes a little longer to dry, approximately how long?

Like a minute or more

1 Like

Almost the same

1 Like

Ok. Great.

Hola! Puedo usar el Gamsol en lugar de el solvente sin olor o el thinning medium?

@Alitadepollo, Sí tu puedes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Gracias💕

1 Like