Full Belly Plate Question

Hey, so I’m doing a male belly plate for Dominic and had a question about holes. It has pre-drilled holes in the shoulders and each side of the belly, but it also has a butt hole. Does anyone know if this is a hole for attachment? If so what other strings it should be tied to? Or is it aesthetic? I’ve only done a couple full Belly plates but none of them had a 5th hole, only 4…

Also if anyone has any suggestions I will gladly accept them. I’m unsure about blushing and shading the boy parts.

1 Like

That’s a good question.

I have no idea… I have never added strings… I just use them in a few photos laid on the reborn… then send them to the buyer…

I do not know anyone who actually adds strings or keeps them on their dolls… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Now you do! I add strings, but have no clue if customers actually use them or just pay belly plate on top for photos also :wink:

I’m thinking you string from shoulder across to side down to bum up to other side and across to other to keep them in place :thinking:. Also if you have front and back you could string together?

Baby boy parts are usually very red/purple I new borns but after a few weeks/ months more flesh tones with regular creases :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve seen that before, I just trimmed if off because I had no idea why it was even there.

I used to thread skinny ribbons through the holes on the sides of the plates but stopped doing it several years ago since I’m guessing most people just use the belly plate for display. I can’t be sure, of course. I rarely paint a belly plate any more unless it’s part of the kit like a torso attached on 3 mo Joseph or June.

I’ve added ribbon ties to a few of my belly plates but don’t do it any more. That hole in that private area is most likely for if you want to add a string to place between the dolls legs to tie together with strings from the sides of the plate to anchor it in place well. But probably doesn’t need to be used if you do add strings. I’ve never a hole in that part of a belly plate before, so it’s probably not needed unless you want to use it.

1 Like

Is there a 5th hole on the back plates? maybe that is where it ties to?

3 Likes

That makes sense. To help a front and a back connect together better.

2 Likes

Yes it is to tie a back plate.

2 Likes

That would make total sense. I am going to check, I have a back plate from the same sculptor

2 Likes

Some are sewn right onto the body. My first reborn I bought, her body plate was sewn to her. I took it off pretty quick, as the proportions weren’t even right and she was stuffed way too much. She looked like a linebacker.

1 Like

I wasn’t really sure how to do them either lol but I have done two and this is how I painted them :woman_shrugging:t3::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure how it added a picture of my Alma :joy: I must have accidentally hit that when I was looking for the belly plate pics :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice belly plates, and I really like your Alma.

1 Like

Beautiful belly plate painting! Your Alma too :wink:

1 Like

I forgot yesterday, but @jlesser your were completely right, the back plate has a “butt hole” also, so it must be to connect the two plates.

1 Like

Thank you! :relaxed:

Thank you! :heart: