Folk Art Glass and Tile Medium 869

Is the cornstarch a must? How do you mix it. I didn’t use cornstarch. Maybe that’s why it didn’t leave the doll matte?

It left my doll with a little sheen. I have just a tiny tiny bit of folk art glass and tile 869 and dabbed the doll with it and the sheen went away. At this point, the folk art glass and tile is the only one I trust completely

I follow Angie Jones’ formula: mix one level 1/4 tsp of cornstarch with 20 drops of distilled water. Mix it well to make sure all the cornstarch is dissolved. Then stir the Americana soft touch varnish really well inside its jar. Then add one plastic spoon of it to the cornstarch mixture and mix them well. I have used it twice now and it has worked really well. I think I will not be going back to using GHS matte unless I need to.

4 Likes

Man, that sounds like a lot of work just to get a matte finish!

If anyone has any folk art glass and tile 869 and want to sell it to me, I’ll buy it!

If you have it, I’d love to buy it!!

I looked high and low for the formula I used and unfortunately I must have thrown it away since it didn’t work for me. I still use Americana Decor soft touch varnish but I just use it straight nothing added and it works really well that way for me. I read on another feed that Winsor & Newton Artisan Water Mixable Mediums Matt Varnish works well so I ordered that yesterday and ill see how that works!

2 Likes

I asked because no matter what I do I cannot get skin texture or flaking, lol. I use Liquitex Pro paints.

A lot of work? It takes about 60 seconds.

2 Likes

It takes me only about three minutes to mix up.

2 Likes

Hey! Yes I do have this in 6 bottles. I paid $25 for them and that included shipping. PayPal family & friends please… my email address is Victoria.a.davis@gmail.com

What I mean is, all of the mixing and what not. All I have to do with the folk art glass and tile is, put it on straight from the bottle, without all of these extra steps.

Can I see a picture of them?

1 Like

I’ll take them!

Payment sent!

Got it! Will you message me your address?

Yes of course!!

Messaged you my address :slight_smile: