First doll!

Well I found a picture from my very first reborn. Poor Priscilla :joy: I painted her with folk art paints and the first time I forgot to seal her so I had to do that. I had also bought synthetic hair and (attempted) to root her with that, also a nope. Then I decided to get rid of that hair and try the hand applied hair like ashton drake dolls have. Once again, a big nope. I ended up just wiging her

13 Likes

Shes wonderful for a first.

My first few ended up tossed in the trash. :rofl:

2 Likes

Mine too :joy:

2 Likes

How fun to look back at where you started! My first went into the trash because (ahem) I thought he was too pale and I didn’t realize I could’ve added more paint, sheesh…alrighty then! :rofl:

6 Likes

Oh man I was just looking back at my first doll the other day and man. I can’t wait to repaint him for a third time :joy:

5 Likes

Trash…lakes…your babies end up in ALL kinds of places :rofl:

4 Likes

I didn’t live by the lake back then, or he’d have gone there for sure :rofl: :laughing: What a feeling it was, throwing Gracie’s head into the water, I’ll never forget it :joy:

7 Likes

My first was hideous after I was through with her. Tried to root hair with the worst mohair I’ve ever seen, it was cheap and hadn’t been carded so there was dirt in it :joy: then pulled it out and tried to draw the hair on….with a black sharpie!! :joy: :woman_facepalming:t3:
I attempted stripping her with alcohol and she looked like a zombie so I threw her in the garbage lol

5 Likes

I have seen lots of babies with hair that was done with what looked like a sharpie. At least you realized it was a bad look! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah it was scary…looked like Medusa with snake hair :joy: