Fingertip Paintbrush?

Does anyone know if there any paint brushes that can connect to the tips of your fingers, so you can kind of “finger-paint” with it? I would love something like this to paint hair with. I was always a pencil/sketch artist before I began painting dolls. I never really used paint brushes, and it seems my brain is wired to better use a pencil to “draw” hair but I don’t like the look of penciled hair when I do it. So, if there was a paint brush that you could attack to your finger and paint with your finger, that would be something I’d like to try. Seems my hand would have more control that way to get the hair patterns I want.

2 Likes

I would search online for something like “finger brushes”, or finger paint brushes". Maybe you already have. Anyway, just an idea.

1 Like

Hey! I just found these on Amazon. image Don’t know if it will be what you are looking for, but there must be others. I did not look at a lot of them.

2 Likes

Now, I know I will have to have some! I love gadgets, and this is unique to me.

1 Like

Thank you for finding those. I wonder if they can be trimmed down. I will check them out. Thank you! :blush:

Just found these:

https://www.davinci-defet.com/englisch/artist-brushes/products/school-und-craft/paint-finger.html

1 Like

What a cool idea!! I bet you could make some yourself, like the photo @Jacelyn5440 attached. Cut off the end of a brush and wrap jewelry wire around it? Wire sometimes likes to slide off unless you wrap it super tight or have a mechanical connection. If you’re interested in that I can draw you a picture of some ideas to make it secure :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like a nice idea. If you could draw some pictures, I would be grateful! Not the best at engineering things. :grin:

You could use prism pencil or a fillable paintbrush.

1 Like

I just can’t get Prisma pencil to work for me. If they worked like sketch pencils do on paper, it would be great. Can the fillable brushes handle slightly thicker mixtures for painted hair?

1 Like

You can get 6 for $12. The bristles can be trimmed to however you want it.

2 Likes

Those look perfect!

Maybe you could get some of those silicone finger protectors for hot glue guns and glue the tip of a favorite paintbrush (like from the metal part on up) to the finger protector.

2 Likes

That is probably a great idea, but to me it would be too much trouble when I can just order a set already made. I know I am more frivolous with things like that, so not everyone would agree with me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think they can, there is a doll artist Whooly (?) who uses this tool for hair painting with air dry paint I believe.

1 Like

I use the fillable brushes for creasing and veins mostly but I’ve played around with em and they can take thicker paint.

1 Like

Oh wow! That is cool!

1 Like

Here ya go! I wasn’t sure how to say this…pictures are easier :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Jacelyn5440 I hear ya! Way easier. Just wasn’t sure about the quality of those Amazon brushes, but sometimes they surprise you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks you. I may purchase some then and try them.

Thank you for the great pic! That helps. I’m a visual learner.

1 Like