Feb 2023 Ohio doll show

She is cute. I love composition and bisque dolls.

1 Like

Do you have a collection?

Me? :rofl::rofl::rofl: I canā€™t even sell on rebornsā€¦ itā€™s all about price! I was watching doll show videos on YouTube and people were oooooohing and aaaaahing at dolls with very little paint! And BUYING THEM! One girl from a Texas show showed a baby for like something crazy like $175 with very little paint and she was in loveā€¦ Iā€™d want to much for my babies :pleading_face: the two reborn artists at the show were very underpriced IMO and didnā€™t sell anything. At an actual reborn show people seem to want the beautiful dolls selling for what they are worth but buy the budget babies from what I noticed in the YouTube videos :worried:. Mark and I are talking about Kansas or NC but it all depends o ln if I can make enough money to afford the trip. Ohio I bundled the show with delivering Aloenka and doing newborn pics for my other cousins daughter

2 Likes

IMHO, You will be doing so much better than you did on Reborns.
I see that people who sold dolls on reborns no better than yours for $1,000+
And I donā€™t think itā€™s completely true that reborn show buyers only want cheap stuff. Maybe for the new collectors/ first time buyers. But people who understand and appreciate quality painting and rooting - those are willing to pay $$$$.
I have people reserving some of my dolls for the show for $1,300 and forming a line, and asking for customs.

You will do just fine. You are EXTREMELY social and genuine on the forum, and I think youā€™ll be just fine as a vendor. You just need to get comfortable with that idea and jump FAST when the next sign out will be available.

5 Likes

I do 1890ā€™s to 1930ā€™s mainly.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: IRL I have zero social skills much worse since covid shut down :wink:

I would love to see pictures

1 Like

I will have to take a few. I especially like the German character babies.

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to see :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they sound adorable :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here is a picture of two of my favorites both from 1913-1915 Effanbee Grumpy and Amberg Pouty Pet. The Pouty Pets were sculpted based on real children and there was a whole series of them, but I just have two of them. They are really hard to find.

6 Likes

Oooooh those are beautiful! That is so neat that they were portrait sculpts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: kinda feel bad for thier parents though with those expressions frozen forever :rofl::rofl::rofl: although if it were my kids my daughter would have been a grumpy sculpt, my middle was a little dictator and my youngest is my happy child

1 Like