Favorite Color Mixes

What are your favorite color mixes for lips, blush, and creases? Do you alternate colors a lot or usually use the same mixes for these?

3 Likes

Mine vary with every baby. I’m not much of a formula person.

4 Likes

I mix for each baby too though it is basically within the same tones. I do a deep crease colour mixing crease pre-mix, a bit of flesh and a bit of crimson…then do a lighter creases colour using that base but mixing in more crimson and flesh so that it becomes a bit more rosy…then using that base I bring it up another rosy notch for lips, inside eye socket rims, etc…and even blend it in with my cheek colours…

Here is an example of my mixes (they are actually slightly different colour to what they look in the photo but you get the idea…)

and you end up with a skin tone sort of like this…

8 Likes

I do not use the same color mix, but vary it with each kit according to the look I want to achieve.

2 Likes

Starr, thank you for sharing! Those colors are gorgeous and so is the baby in your picture. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your lovely comments…I know everyone has their own way of doing things and there are lots of lovely babies that pop up on here regularly but you always hope that maybe you can help someone or at least give them an idea to work off… :smile:

3 Likes

Starr, you’ve helped!

Starr, which pre mix crease color do you start with?

I just take some of BB pre-mix creases and mix in some crimson or you can use pre-mix lip if you want as well and a bit of flesh (you don’t have to put the flesh in…I do it cause I like a softer look but some ladies who like the very distinct deep crease look or heavy mottled look shouldn’t add the flesh…) then just use that base colour and add to it to lighten it for your next creases colour…and so on…(this is mostly what I use for any of my babies that are going to lean towards the strawberry tones)…As is very evident in my style painting, if a baby is Caucasian, I love the very fair skin for my babies. the darker colours that many refer to as ‘warm’ I like for the very small preemie preemie babies but for regular newborns, etc I love the really pale skin with soft mottling…etc…so the strawberry colours are very complimentary for the paler skin…

2 Likes

I love them too!!!:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: thanks for the reciepe!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️