Fake kits for reborning

Hello, I wanted to ask your opinions. I love the August sculpt by Dawn Mcleod. Its completely sold out and they may not make more.

Ebay sells him and I know he’s not authentic but if I am reborning him just for myself to keep, is thereany harm in that?

Also, I wonder if the vinyl is cheap and not easy to work with.

Has anyone used a not authentic kit?

I don’t think you’ll find anyone on this forum to validate a decision to buy an inauthentic kit. If you are looking for kits to practice on, I would recommend catching some of BB’s sales or checking the discounted kits on MacPherson. I’m sure you can find a legitimate kit somewhere with a similar look to August :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I wouldn’t do it for moral reasons, but even if you don’t care about that, know that those fakes have no safety guidelines. That’s one of the reasons why they can produce so cheaply. Toxic chemicals tend to be cheaper to use, but they could be seriously harmful to your health.

10 Likes

You will lose a lot of respect and ruin your reputation if you knowingly buy a fake kit.

The harm comes in where you are paying for a stolen sculpt. If we ever hope for these thieves to stop, we can’t send them our money.

There is also a possibility that the vinyl could be bad for your health, as these unscrupulous sellers likely care more about cutting costs than producing a safe product.

10 Likes

Oh ok. Everything you girls are saying makes a lot more sense. I didn’t think of it that way. That’s why I wanted to ask.
You’re right about all of those things. Thank you :blush:

6 Likes

This is the way. There are many other legit kits out there that are available. Are you set on August? There are lots of knowledgeable ladies here that can probably help you find similar looking kits.

If you’re just looking for kits at good prices, Carolynsbabies currently has several listed that won’t break the bank.

1 Like

Oh thank you.
I do like the way August looks but I could find something else.

2 Likes

Are you more drawn to the sleeping version or the awake one?

Sleeping

I love the bottom lip sucked under the top lip. He’s cute.

1 Like

I am selling legit SOLE August on Reborns.
You will loose your reputation and will be kicked out from this forum and legit reborn community knowingly buying the fake kits.

I can consider a trade, if you wish, if you have SOLE sculpts that you are not planning to paint.

2 Likes

Whats a SOLE kit?

Perhaps create a post asking about non-sole kits that resemble him, pointing out the sucked in lip and any other features you’re looking for. I’m not knowledgable enough about all of the kits, but I’m certain you’ll get several good suggestions.

I’m so glad that you asked about the knockoff before deciding to purchase one.

4 Likes

Sold out limited edition

2 Likes

Oh thank you.
Yes Im glad too.

1 Like

I appreciate all the help and responses.

1 Like

Thank you. I cant pay 200.00 for a kit right now. I’m a single mom but I appreciate the offer. Im sure I can find another sleeping kit that I like.

Maybe in the future if you still have the kit.:blush:

2 Likes

Well said, very clear and to the point!

Even if you paint it for yourself, by purchasing it from a counterfeiter you are supporting what they are doing and giving them money to make more. It’s not even for certain that the vinyl these fakes are made from are non-toxic.

I have an original August asleep. I have two or three of them. I purchased 2 from trustworthy ladies on here and one I purchased directly from MacPhersons when it was released. If you would like one you can PM me. $130 which includes shipping if you are in the USA.

7 Likes

I love the kindness you are showing. It reinforces the fact that making the right choices really pays off.

3 Likes