Eyes for Grant

I have a Grant I am working on…(He only has his first base coat layer on so no flesh or details so please know he is no where close to finished…lol) but I decided to pop a pair of eyes in that the customer sent and I just don’t know about them…They are dark blue flat back glass ones but they sort of look “wrong” to me…Are the irises too big and not enough whites showing? or do they seen to lack depth or something (wondering if they are too flat and not dome topped enough … it may just be me but can some of you ladies give me your opinions? uggggghhhhh I hate when I am undecided…so glad you are all out there

8 Likes

Starr…I’m with you…there is no life in those eyes :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you Mimi. (Big hug!).that is the perfect description I was looking for…“NO life”…I kept looking at them on the desk here and thinking…those aren’t going to work so that is why I popped them in before I got too far with the painting…Glad I did and thank you for your confirmation…Think I will let her know, send these back to her and just get some new ones…lol

5 Likes

No depth Starr. They look really Flat!!! Maybe it’s just the color, but I don’t like them in that head. JMO

2 Likes

Thanks Lynn…That was my first thought when I got the eyes…they have a very flat surface compared to most of the ones I have bought myself…Not sure where she got these…They are not a great quality in my opinion…one pupil is smaller than the other and one is thicker…They are dark blue with a brown around the pupil which I think also makes them look uneven when they are in the socket…and the flatness just sort of turned me off…They almost looked like those alien eyes you see in Martians to me…hahahahaha! I just wanted to be sure it wasn’t just my opinion though before telling her I can’t use them…

It is a custom order but like a good mechanic will not use cheap bargain parts on a car because they care about the product they put out…I am the same when doing a custom order…in the case of customs…the customer is NOT always right when it comes to eyes and mohair…heehee…I won’t do a doll with cheap mohair or the wrong eyes…I think both affect the total appearance and those two things I don’t compromise on… :smile:

5 Likes

Your welcome Starr. Can’t help but think, these eyes look like my MIL’s eyes before she had her cataracts off…she now has that twinkle back in her eyes. That’s what these lack…that twinkle :smiley:

3 Likes

I actually really like the eyes you chose. They look beautiful. :wink: Maybe I can’t see what you all are seeing on my phone…

1 Like

he looks to sad with this eyes :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are too dark only way I would use them is if I was making it a demon baby. They look like the eyes used on Dean from supernatural lol.

3 Likes

Thanks ladies…I do appreciate your help…Just wanted to make sure that what I was seeing was what others saw as well…

Thanks Darla - They are pretty coloured eyes but actually I didn’t choose these - the customer sent these eyes but for this kit I felt they looked a bit too flat or ‘vacant’ or to use Mimi’s observation ‘they have no life in them’ - at least not for this particular sculpt…

2 Likes

These eyes have no ‘spark’ if that makes sense :blush:

3 Likes

Wrong eyes. Wrong shape. Wrong color. I don’t know what kind of eyes those are, but they almost look fogged.

5 Likes

@westernstarr show us what you choose!!! I can’t wait to see the difference!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

2 Likes

Hi Starr!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: guess who will be born today???

1 Like

Thanks Helen…totally agree…I do feel better hearing it from others…I have to make sure at times I am making a decision based on good judgement and not my personal preference so though I felt this was a ‘good judgement’ issue, getting the confirmation from you ladies makes me feel better…I DO truly like to please my customers but some times you just know some thing is wrong and they will eventually see it too…after it is too late…heehee…

I had a lady that picked some vibrant and I mean unrealistic VIBRANT blue eyes for her custom. I told her they were not natural and really would not look good as they would look too dolly and take away from the realism…I even sent her a picture of them in the doll before I sealed them in and also showed her what a nicer still very blue but more subdued set would look like and she insisted on the others…(I had only been reborning about 3 years then so was a bit more inexperienced with trying to direct a customer down a better path…lol) anyway, I did the doll with her eyes and she hated her eyes when she got her…told me that they made her look too dolly…well duh??? lol…needless to say, I had her send it back to me and put the eyes I had suggested in and she loved her. :unamused: …so live and learn I have…lol

Will do…I have a couple pairs I have ordered so will see which I use…and …

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee …(big excited yell here)…Hubby just about went through the roof…lol (Sorry sweetie - He has a heart condition so it probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do at 2:45am but I am so excited)…I have never had someone other than a reborn friend make a baby for me that I did not have to pay for…I told my hubby we are having a baby today! He just cocked a brow and said…which one are you finishing…told him…Not one I’m making…one we’re adopting…He said “Adopting” and I told him to just wait and see…We have a little one being born today and we’ll have him/her in a few weeks…heehee…I am seriously very excited…This little baby will be treasured… :smile:

6 Likes

I feel bad that you are always so sick!!!

2 Likes