Eyes eyestrain

Made a new post to not frustrate others.

@InfantInspirations I definitely am going to go back.
I went to one eye doctor but received my eye glasses from a different place. My eye doctor’s prices for glasses were super high. I am hoping they don’t pull the, you should have received the glasses from us card.

At the same time, I need to find out.

@ellakabella :sob: I miss making my babies. Maybe it is just a test of life, I hope.

@YelenaRey, hopefully it gets figured out.

I thought it was doing better. I took breaks and only worked on hair for an hour at a time. I worked long hours before but that Nino painter hair last winter was the last time before things went haywire with my eyes.

I will call the eye doctor, if they are even open tomorrow. :expressionless:

5 Likes

Do you have a CostCo near you? If you do and have a membership, I recommend their eye department. I’ve had great experiences with them since finding out about the problem I was having, and their glasses are great quality but cost WAY less than most frames stores. They have a deal where if you buy two pairs you get around 30% off the second pair. Before I started going to them almost every place charged around $300 and up for frames, and those frames fell apart easily. I’ve had my CostCo glasses for over two years and they are still sturdy.

Many CostCos also have an eye exam doctor on the premises, too.

4 Likes

Let me tell you, the place I went to check my eyes charged over 100 with insurance for the eye exam and wanted 350 just for lenses.

I was like… mmmm that’s a bit much.

1 Like

That’s terrible! Kind of like highway robbery. At our Costco the exam is around $76 and my glasses with both frames and lenses came to about $230 with 30% off my second pair. The doctor made me a second set of lenses that are especially for doing close-up work when painting. It keeps the eyes from straining so much.

1 Like

Even my health doctors are doing nonsense.

They no longer will see you for more than one thing. I switched doctors because of this but now, if you have a headache and stomach pains, you can only be seen for one.

That eye exam was probably over 200 because my insurance pays up to about 90 or 100. :expressionless:

Sick of people cheating people

4 Likes

I’m hearing this about people’s doctors quite a lot lately. A friend’s daughter who has a chronic illness and heart issues (young woman) has been going to the ER several times lately for being unable to breathe and stomach and chest pains. They give her an IV and send her home, won’t do tests, won’t listen to her. She was finally admitted a few day ago. They gave her an IV and some meds and then sent her home too early. My friend found her lying on the floor, blue and unresponsive. She had to call and ambulance to get her back to the hospital. Should be malpractice.

4 Likes

Absolutely malpractice. I hope she’ll be all right. I would have been tempted to have her taken to a different hospital.

2 Likes

How terrible and scary! :scream:

2 Likes

My eyes are pretty bad also, even with glasses. As odd as it is, for fine details, I’ve been mixing my paints in normal lighting, then turning on my black light overhead and using a small bright lamp on my work table and lighted magnifying glasses.
Super odd but seems to help a bit 🤷 hope you get it figured out! :heart:

1 Like

Costco is good for hearing aids too. My Dad’s doctor told him that. He had to drive 60 miles into Atlanta to find one but it was worth it to save so much money. They are supposed to be building a Costco in our area soon. Has been a long standing issue about the alcohol liscense as so many in our county are against alcohol sales. I wear glasses and will look forward to checking them out there. I have gotten glasses at Sams Club in the past but not so sure they were that great. This last time I got mine from the eye doctor and paid a lot but because the bridge of my nose is so small I can wear kids sizes so that saves me some and I could get some tortoise shell Raybans for what the adult “budget” frames cost. It was still around $400 for frames and progressive lenses though. This is why I am still wearing the same ones 3 years later with a scratched lense.

2 Likes

Not completely sure what’s going on with your eyes. But sounds like I have a similar issue. My son accidentally shot me in the eye with a nerf bullet in November 2019. I’ve had a lot of changes since. I get what seems like blurred vision that comes and goes. Then what seems like lint in my hair that floats back and forth as I blink. I used to get my eye glasses from Americas best. Which i never had an issue with my glasses. Then I went to Costco due to insurance changes. The frames were good for a good price. The lenses were an issue. When I went to another optometrist and took the Costco glasses they told me I couldn’t see out of them because the prescription was wrong. They gave me the correct one, I took it back to Costco and they replaced them. Once I got my glasses initially I could see out of them, but that lasted short time. Like 2weeks only. So 3 Lenses corrected and still can’t wear my glasses. There not sure why I’m still having so much changes in the one eye. I was recently diagnosed with hypertension which doesn’t help. And ruled out for diabetes (thank god) which can also change vision. So I’llm in constant limbo now, got glasses i can’t ware, and constant vision changes. And no answer as to why. It’s frustrating! My ENT doctor thinks it’s age related, OMG! I’m 49 not 89. I can see gradual changes as I age, not continued changes in a short time. Oh, the nerf injury healed quick and no permanent damage from that. So I hope you can dig out and improve or stabilize your vision so you can continue to do what you love!!

2 Likes

Lol I’m 36 so when said old eyes :joy:

1 Like

I’ve heard that some people can start to experience presbyopia in their mid to late 30s rather than in the early 40s, which is the average. Mine did not start to become noticeable for that until I was 43.

1 Like

It’s like why why why.

1 Like

Probably genetics. Good ol’ genetics.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: right

2 Likes

@PhotographyForLife I hope not because I actually thought about that with something else and now I can’t remember.
I think i was swollen under my chin.
:joy: add bad memory