Eyes and rooting

Did I mess my eyes up permanently??? I went to go paint a baby today and it hurt and was blurry to see the details. I rooted 2 babies within the last two weeks but I used the eye glasses. Now anything to close to my eyes hurts and is blurry. I just thought, what if I cannot paint anymore :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

As a nurse, my suggestion is get yourself checked by a doctor or optometrist ASAP! Do not hesitate! Best wishes.

5 Likes

Ughhh and I am the biggest procrastinator!!! I will have to go!

1 Like

Go tomorrow - this may be potentially serious and needs to be taken care of! You need your eyes, girl! It could be something as simple as an allergy to the mohair or a hair in the tissue inside your eyelid causing irritation.

2 Likes

That sounds scary! I can relate to the procrastination part, but don’t do it this time. Go get it checked out and let us know. Hopefully it’s just eye strain.

I wondered if it was just strained from looking and rooting so long. I can see regular stuff but when painting babies I can’t put it to close to see detail it’s just blurry.

I don’t know how other people root so much and not strain their eyes!

1 Like

Me either. Add this to my list of reasons not to do it. :rofl:

1 Like

How long have then been like this? I have had this happen too, but it never lasts for more than a day or partial day then goes back to normal. I just attributed it to eye strain and they need to be rested. Would you mind sharing what you find out from the dr.?
I hope you are not having a serious issue!

1 Like

So I rooted two babies last week and the week before. My eyes seemed okay but when I went to paint last night, I could not see the details om the baby. If I held it to close it seemed blurry and now they hurt like I have been straining but I did not do anything. So only a day but it is odd because I wore the glasses and I thought that was suppose to help. I may not even have time to go today:( I have never even been to an eye doctor lol, I am not sure where to begin. I guess I could stop by a walmart or something. I just wanted to see if anyone elses eyes hurt from rooting or what I am doing wrong!!!

3 Likes

I hope everything is ok and its just eye strain. I have bad eyesight due to my degenerative diseases that affect everything so my eyes definitely hurt when Ive been rooting for a long time (elbows, wrists and hands as well). If you have regular eyesight and this is happening you should definitely have it checked out.
Let us know how you are doing.

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s eye strain it could be, see how you feel in the morning no reading or anything like that no rooting. Try to rest and relax.

2 Likes

I am going to. My heart actually hurt a little last night thinking what if I couldn’t see to paint anymore! :broken_heart: hopefully it will be okay!

3 Likes

Try not to think that way…I know how you feel though, Im having a hard time recently, my joints are getting really bad.

1 Like

Let us know how this turns out for you! Please don’t procrastinate this - it’s too important.

1 Like

If you’re getting near 40 or are in your early 40s, you may be experiencing the beginnings of presbyopia, or better known as “far-sightedness.” It happens to everyone as they enter middle age, and it makes it harder to see things up close. You may need reading glasses for close up work. But, just in case, go see an eye doctor.

2 Likes

If you are younger than 40, it could be eye strain from close work.

2 Likes