Eyes and lashes

That’s pretty much how I root my awake kits. I do wet the lashes and let them dry with a hair band twice.

3 Likes

That video is very helpful, but she already had the eyes in on her awake doll. If you root with the eyes in, how do you seal the lashes?

1 Like
4 Likes

You can root also whitout the eye that is what i did ,but whith the eye it is more easy i guess !

But then you have to get they eyes out and glue the lashes and afterwards put back the eyes

3 Likes

I think I will take the eyes out to root…they are german glass and I don’t want to risk damaging them!

1 Like

@jeanhai have you rooted german vinyl without heating the head?

I’m not sure if any I’ve done have been German vinyl, but I’ve rooted Berenguer heads without heating them and they’re pretty hard.

2 Likes

Good to know! Thank you!

Lol I feel like what have I been doing with my life :laughing:

Me to but it is not my hobby to root lashes :wink:
About glass eyes i have broken a few with setting the eyes they shot out off my hands :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I’ve dropped them several times,but luckily it was on carpet so nothing happened to them.

1 Like

I root I the underside part of the lid. I’ve never heard of rooting through the lid? I basically turn the head upside down and root and then wet the lashes and brush them up letting them dry and repeating if needed. It’s so hard to explain where to root! But basically if you look at your own eyes in the mirror you can see where your eyelashes come out of and that’s where you should root :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have any pics so I can see them done this way please?

Ty for posting this. I just recently got a reborn that came with the lashes all crumpled over the eyeballs. I’ve just been smoothing them up with my finger.
Is water safe to use in this way with air dry paints? Just enough to make the lashes less crinkly?

1 Like

Yes using water is completely OK.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome! I hope the water works well. :grin:

1 Like

I got one done. It took me way longer than I even care to discuss, but it’s done Lol! I really, really prefer closed eyed babies!

8 Likes

I think those look pretty good!

How did you angle them? I am wanting to try to root open eyed lashes, too, but am so scared to try for messing up my baby’s eyes.

1 Like

You did an amazing job!!

1 Like

Honestly I just tried to do it like the video. I held my breath the entire time and cursed a few times, but it went better than I thought it might. Now I have to finish the other eye, and the other baby lol.

1 Like