Eye question

Hi everyone! Happy Monday!!! Okokokok, I have a doll with a bit of a gap where th eye is in the Socket. I used delta cermacoat to fill in the space. Now my eyes are cloudy. Is there away to clean them with out removing them? Please? :weary:

1 Like

Like you got the ceramacoat on the eyeball and it’s cloudy?

Yes… It was weird, I was filling in the gap, and the whole eye instantly clouded. I’m trying windex! :+1:t2: lol we shall see!

Also, I wonder what is better for filling in eye gaps? I seriously HATE cermacoat… It ALWAYS Clouds up on me!!! I’m goi g to throw it out… So I don’t talk myself into using it again! But… What else can I use? Hey… Where the heck is everyone today???:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::kiss:

2 Likes

Hi Nikki! Is it too hard to take them out? I really think it’s your best bet.

1 Like

hi i used alcohol i put it on a cotton swabs, some time it worked pretty good, , i used aleenes paper glaze. for the eyeshope that will help :hand:

2 Likes

It’ll look cloudy until it dries. Let it dry. If you really want it off, I have taken eyes out and soaked them in really hot water (from the coffee maker) and it came off.

2 Likes

My Harlow I just did had a bit of a gap in the eyes and I had to cut the vinyl away, like the socket part inside the head so that I could get the eyeball in there flush with the outside socket. I had this problem with my Adelya too and kept trying to put ceramacoat and paper glaze on the eyes to close the gap up but kept ruining the eyes and it looked horrible. That’s when I finally just cut away from inside at the socket until the eyes were flush with no gap. But with Harlow instead of putting glaze on her whole eyeball, I cut the sockets until the eyes were as flush as I could get then just took a tiny paintbrush and used paper glaze along the inside rims and around the eyes, I also took a toothpick and lightly touched my rooted lashes with the paper glaze so that the lashes wouldn’t droop down at all. Worked pretty well and that little bit around the rims of the eyes worked to seal around the eyeball too. I’m not sure what to do if your eyes went cloudy though, I ruined 3 pairs on my last attempt with ceramacoat and haven’t been able to get them cleaned off all the way and one pair did do cloudy.

1 Like

Windex and a q tip worked!!! Thank you every one!!!

5 Likes

I didn’t have to remove them… Delta is set in the gap, and eyes are clean and clear… And I didn’t have to heat and ruin her rooted lashes. :+1:t2::+1:t2: @Sony72 how are you applying your pledge?

4 Likes