Ever taken a reborn to the barber?

I am not good at cutting hair…also styling, etc. I would love to do a toddler boy with a crew cut or at least a real boy haircut. I was wondering if I could root him and take him to a professional barber. Anybody out there done that? Do you think I would be laughed out of the shop?

3 Likes

When you buy a wig they recommend you have it styled at a hair salon… to practice stylists have mannequin heads so I’m sure it wouldn’t be that weird and they’d probably love it :thinking:

1 Like

I am going to do the same if I ever get a chance to actually have time to root thw head, lol.

You could call ahead and ask if they would do that. They may think it’s odd, but who cares haha.

1 Like

We brought a toddler doll to the barber before. :wink: I didn’t actually go with to the appointment, but it sounded like everything went well. The stylist didn’t mind at all. We did call in advance to let them know it was a doll coming, though.

Sincerely,
Jessica

10 Likes

I have thought about this before! It’s silly to think about but it would work!

2 Likes

I brought several when I first started making babies

Some one on here does that I just don’t remember who.

I’ve went with a friend to take her doll to the barber. He didn’t mind at all and actually had a good laugh while doing it.

1 Like

I took Emmy in for a hair cut ~

11 Likes

Once in a lifetime experience for that girl…The look on her face lol

3 Likes

I knew it was someone that had a special experience. Too cute! @kareninflorida

1 Like

Upside, the toddler sits still. Downside, the hair never grows back! :no_mouth:

3 Likes

No, but you would probably make some sales. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a thought I hadn’t considered. I think of all the times I got cut too short and hated it.

3 Likes

I have a lot of experience cutting hair. I’ve kind of retired from it at this point after 30 years or so of doing it as a hobby.

Lots of human heads but only a few dolls. That never growing back factor is a lot of pressure.

2 Likes