Ebay prices

I decided to drop over to Ebay to see what was selling. I haven’t been over there for many months other than to look at a partiular baby and then leave. I was completely shocked at how many low priced and low quality babies come up when you type in reborn doll. Is the market really this bad???

4 Likes

I think there are a lot of new artists out right now. Probably a lot of parents who are trying to make dolls for their kids but they don’t turn out. I’m not sure, but I’ve been selling lots through eBay.
Some sellers are also marketing towards what people can afford, even if that means creating a lower quality baby to sell more (thus making more of a profit).
Hope this answers your question!

1 Like

I think a lot of people are settling for a low quality baby and then wanting to upgrade. There is a lot of swapping going on via the facebook reborn sites. I do know what you are saying though. Selling is tuff, sometimes you feel like just keeping the baby or giving it to someone you know.

1 Like

Yes Helen, I think it really is. I don’t mean to sound nasty but so many people think they can make a fortune on this when they see the price of these dolls. So instead of really learning the art they make a doll with NO SKILL and expect to sell it right away, I’m not trying to discredit new reborners but instead of flooding the market with a lot of undesirable babies try perfecting your skill level and keeping the price up for everyone. I believe a lot of buyers are unimformed and therefore go for a baby that is very low priced and then they are unhappy with it. This hobby takes time and money to perfect—do everyone (including yourself) a favor and improve your skills before you begin to sell. Maybe that would keep the market up for everyone.

4 Likes

I think that is definately the way it is, Lynn. But it just seemed to me that it was worse than usual when I was looking Ebay over. I don’t sell there anymore but was kind of considering listing something again because it’s been slow for me on reborns.com, but I think I’ll just wait it out. It used to be if you put in “reborn doll” that’s what you got, but now I seem to get tons of play dolls…not real reborns. I think I’m just griping.

No Helen, you are right!!! You have to scroll forever to find a real reborn. I wish eBay would give us our own category.

3 Likes

I have had such a great day with you ladies that I haven’t starting rooting yet!!! Lololol poor heads! I have e writhing all set up, but I have been just chilling with my homies! And it’s been such a great day❤️

We have had a lot of fun having you hanging out too. I have to go do something concrete though! I have been sitting here ever since I got home from church, going back and forth between chatting and pinterest, and other fun spots. Now I need to go clean my doll room or something!

1 Like

I think the good ones are being sold elsewhere-reborns.com, Etsy and Facebook. Except for prototypes, I see way fewer really good reborns on eBay. Could be because of fees or a lot of hassle from buyers.

1 Like

Way more dolls every year that goes by. To see mostly reborns, not the other factory dolls, limit your search to US only or block China. At least you will see real reborns. And yes, the prices are that low. Some of them are just trying to break even or get rid of the doll. Not all low price ones look horrible. And some want ridiculously high prices for truly awful dolls. One of the reasons I decided to make my own was the variableness in quality and price. Just not willing to trust the photos! Especially after I bought an Ashton drake…ugh!

5 Likes