eBay global

Yes , I know I would be willing to pay Express International from the States , as it would probably be a lot less than Import charges thru Global shipping !!

1 Like

Most of the scams discussed on this forum were done by people in the USA. To sell o/s you need to chose the countries you post to, and make sure these countries have the acceptable postal deliveries with signature etc. For PP protection all you need is online tracking and signature on delivery. I used to do full insurance, but I came to conclusion that it is not worth it. The parcel getting lost is not likely, it also is unlikely that the doll would get damaged in transit; I wrap it such a way that it is very well protected.
The extra charges from GSP are probably not so drastic for something like a doll, but for small cheaper items make it uneconomical. Sellers need to realise that when somebody looks an item they consider what the item is worth, and how much are they willing to pay in total. If it is an auction, I would decide how much I am willing to pay; lets say if the postage is $12, I might bid up to $18 for something I think is OK to pay $30 for. But if the seller decides to use GSP with shipping/handling charge of $25 I will only bid $5. Which ever way, the seller is losing and the buyer gets annoyed by how long it took.

I dislike the way GSP is aggressively marketing, and when you list with that option you cannot offer any other. Obviously, if you were able to, nobody would agree to pay the extra charges, especially if it would show that at first the item would be taken by truck on scenic trip to Kentucky. I do not believe their claim that using GSP gets sellers more sales.

1 Like