Earings for reborns

I am thinking that I might pierce the ears on Lyla’s Christmas baby. I am just trying to find something to do to make her a little special and thought she would like it. I was wondering if I do it where and what type earings do I get. I would want them to be super tiny and delicate. Do I just buy real earings for a child or are there special ones to use on reborns?

2 Likes

Buy real gold earrings. Cheap ones turn green over time and will stain the vinyl.

3 Likes

Thanks. I am kind of afraid and may not do it. I was just thinking she would like it and it would be something different.

1 Like

You could try to find very cheap ones, some are made of plastic. I ordered some from aliexpress a while ago.

2 Likes

You could get small stick-on jewels. 2-3mm would work.

2 Likes

I buy nickel-free earrings. I get them from Claire’s girlie store.

3 Likes

I understand some people have reactions to the metals that will cause their skin to look green, but I’ve never seen the jewelry itself turn green.

I tried stick on jewels on one of the reborns I sent to my Mom, but they seemed to smudge off in the summer heat. Some adhesive was left behind, but I was able to wipe it away easily. I’d expect they’d probably flick off cleanly in cooler temps. Adhesive gems are probably best for photos or display and wouldn’t last for even an hour or two with a child.

2 Likes

Does your granddaughter have her own ears pierced yet?

2 Likes

Search Amazon for surgical steel or stainless steel earrings. You can get sets with quite a few pairs for a reasonable price. You can use a pair for the doll and give the rest to Lyla for her own ears.

3 Likes

That’s a nice idea, most people don’t have reactions to surgical steel.
But if she doesn’t have her ears pierced yet, but her baby does, oh boy! She’s going to really want her own pierced. Lol

2 Likes

Ya that’s why I was already kind of thinking that she likely did have hers done already.

1 Like

I’m talking about using them on dolls. I have some Barbies from the 50s that have earrings and their earlobes have green rings on the vinyl around the posts and the base of the earrings.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I haven’t seen that!

Is it copper that patinas to green?
And a mix of cheap metal could do that over a long time, I guess!
My 80’s Barbies only had plastic or nylon earrings. Even their rinestone necklaces had nylon on them instead of metal. Maybe this is why.

1 Like

Like what was said earlier, Stainless steel will not turn.

2 Likes

Right. Neither will gold. Copper and brass will turn green. I don’t know if they even make jewelry out of those anymore.

2 Likes

She does have hers pierced.

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea. Lyla can’t wear the little cheap earing because the make her ears sore. These would be great for her as well.

1 Like

Yes, same for my girls.

2 Likes