Dresses (fancy) Sell with or not with doll

Hey everyone!
So if you get a fancy dress or christening dress and take pics, do you sell that dress with your doll? I know most people want the clothes they are in but what about the fancy dresses?

1 Like

From the buyers perspective I would think the lovely baby would come with what she was wearing or shown in so probably if you were to show it in the dress you should send it ?

4 Likes

I, myself, only show the dolls wearing what they will come with.

6 Likes

I only photograph in what I’m sending. People don’t read, so it avoids a lot of problems.

7 Likes

I agree ~ I send home everything shown in their pictures.

4 Likes

I don’t post photos in really fancy stuff until after the doll sells. That way I have the pictures for my own use but no one expects me to send the fancy photo prop outfit.
Only show photos of the doll in what you plan to send. Imo

6 Likes

I have a really pretty dress and dont know what to do!!! Lolol

3 Likes

I put in my listing a bullet point of each item the baby comes with and then say any other clothes/props/blankets are for display only.

11 Likes

That’s what I do…if I photograph it in fancy stuff, I send it home with them.

6 Likes

I would only show clothing on a doll that would be included.

3 Likes

Would you give up your fancy dresses?

2 Likes

You have a good point. It would be so tough. Only one time I did this and the woman was very very angry with me and said she didn’t even know it was the same doll (an exaggeration, I’m sure) but still, she fell in the love with the beautiful dress it was shown in. So that’s a tough one! But for me I would not show a doll in clothes that wouldn’t go with it after that experience.

1 Like

I have fancy dresses for my keepers. I like the idea of photographing dolls in fancy clothes after they sell. I have also sold them with fancy dresses from time to time, but the dress was factored into the price.

3 Likes

Ahhhh so hard!!!

4 Likes

I would sell the doll in the outfits shown in photos :wink:

3 Likes

I have it in writing that baby will come home in soft pajamas and the outfit they are photographed in if available if not a replacement will be sent. If I put the baby in something vintage or cute for a photo but not the right size in person I will write “outfit is photography only baby will come with his/her nursery outfit” I had a bunny hat that I photographed Ham in that was my sons and that I used as a prop, the lady was more excited about the hat than the doll so I gave it to her (wish I didn’t, I can’t find another one).

5 Likes

If you photograph the doll in it then you need to price the doll including the value f the dress. If you do not want to give up the dress do not list a doll dressed in it.

The photos are part of the description, and so any clothing is considered included. You can write disclaimers but you do not know what sort of device people use to access the site, and sometimes people miss the small print. Beautiful outfit will make your doll much more desirable, if you do not send it and people lodge claim they will most likely PayPal win.

I think that showing the doll in beautiful clothing and then send it in something cheap is basically dishonest.

5 Likes

I do take the pics in fancy outfits, but don’t add them to the listing.
I’ll write in the description what is included and if people want more outfits, I charge extra.

3 Likes

I send everything I show my dolls with, would never take a picture then send in something different… would remind me of bait and switch and be very upset as a buyer, JMO

6 Likes

I have never sold a baby but, I think if you say what is included with the baby that should be ok. I have seen lots of ads with people saying this is a prop outfit etc. and will not come with the baby. Or that they will send baby with items of their choice. As long as they know up front I don’t see a problem. Most people will strip your baby and put their own clothes on anyway. The last baby I sent to an extended family member, saID she will be going shopping to get clothes of her choosing. I did send clothes with the baby but not the fancy dress she was in as it was old fashioned to her. So I think it all depends on Artist and the person getting the baby. There is no right or wrong on this one. JMO!

3 Likes