Downloading and thinking out loud

Lmao at them thinking you have children that you dress up as clowns :joy::rofl: :joy:
Also, calling you evil, then describing the evil he will do to you?! :unamused: Eeww
Have you posted your son’s new song? Just asking in case I missed it.

2 Likes

I’m self taught and I know I’m not perfect at this but it fun and give me something to do as hobby. I may not have a lot and not have stash of kits like some people.

I save for a kit(s) and buy 1-2 at time mostly.

Right now I’m saving for rest of my Alari kit payment for when time comes to pay difference as well.

Just living on SSI and a sale here and there. My moms eyes have gotton worse and I been needing to help her more things been stressful but dealing with it.

Trying to make my car last couple more yrs needs new tires, windshield and emergency brake not working so I have to park in a driveway where I help out 3 hours a week and they more there car to side of road so my car won’t roll down hill of parking.

1 Like

You are so talented such beautiful paintings!:heart_eyes:.

2 Likes

You totally have to share a chapter. Do you have a writing group? The mister wrote a book with the help of a writing group, they met every Sunday by zoom and read chapters, gave each other input, support, etc. It also kept them from giving up and they all got to the finish line. The book is called “Why We Can’t Have Nice things” S.Mcmoyler. It’s a story about his family. He just took it one chapter at a time, filled it out, thinned it down until it was done. It’s on Amazon. If you message me I can get you a copy for free, I think he has a box of them here Somewhere. Just for inspiration, You can do it, 43 is young, these stories are your babies you have to help them grow and send them out into the world.

4 Likes

You have skills, I love all of them, hey I recognize that puppy!

Art is good therapy.

Don’t stop, you are wonderful.

G

2 Likes

I will be happy to share once i feel a few chapters are good enough. The current novel im working on is about werewolves. But not horror movie types. Its a romance. Sci fi romance if i had to categorise it.
Lol. Oh even typing that sounds cheesy. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Trust me. Cheesy sells all the time.

3 Likes

I’ve only been reborning for little over 4 years and I hear you. Even from when I started late 2018, the Genesis paints where $2.97, now like you said, $7 ON SALE :confused:. Sales are slower then ever, I remember when I listed a doll and it was sold in minutes. Now they are better painted, cost more to make and unless you bring the price down, they sit there. :pensive:. So yes Karen, I 100% agree with you.

5 Likes

Wow, this hit hard. I totally agree with everything, and I absolutely feel getting tired of all of it.

There are days when I’m so proud of my work and how far I’ve come, but more often, I’m frustrated and angry that I let paint pool here, or didn’t see a splatter there. People talk about their hobbies being their zen. It’s not for me. Painting dolls has never once been zen. It’s always stressful and scary, but I almost always love the end result. (And when I don’t, others do!). For now, I’m happy with where I’m at. I paint during the summer and winter holidays when I’m home from school, and I take a break while I’m away. A good balance for me right now

Thank you for sharing the part of this hobby that we often don’t talk about—the fatigue, the frustration, the anxiety

5 Likes

Cheesy? No way, how well loved are stories about vampires, wizards, time travelers? Women love fantasy.

This is awesome.

Lol. This is true.

Im not ready to share the story yet. But i am happy to share some AI generated pictures pf my characters if you wanna see them. I just took my book descriptions and stuck them in an Ai generator.

These are my main characters. :grin:

4 Likes