Doll Show Themes

Since I’m now vending at 3 doll shows, I’ve decided to abandon all doll themes. This is something I’ve considered ever since my first Kansas Doll Show. Then last year when I added Dolls of the World Expo, I thought about it more. And now Rose is added. So it just made sense. Instead of wasting money on outfits and accessories that only work for one show, I will invest in building a solid stash that goes with my logo. This will allow me to collect year round. I’ll also be able to collect all sizes because all will eventually be used. My hesitancy with switching to this idea was because I am not comfortable dressing babies in red, dark blue, or denim. But there are plenty of patterned fabrics to incorporate these colors. And vintage clothing should be faded enough to not bleed. I’ll still make sure to wash everything before using. And things like that solid red romper may end up not useable. But it’s cute enough to buy and try. Anyway, I’m excited about this new game plan. :grin:

16 Likes

Great idea. When I had to travel for business I put together several outfits that I could swap out parts to make a new ones to fit a different occasion. Basic colors that you can inter change is a great idea. :footprints: :baby:Hope your shows sell many happy babies to new Moms.

4 Likes

I was just talking to my friend Michelle yesterday about how foolish I feel for spending so much money on Pooh themed clothing when I already have a closet full of pretty baby clothes I could use. Last year I did not theme dress my babies but this year I have gotten into it because I love Pooh so much. Mine will have some vintage Poor stuff and some Disney Pooh stuff on. That is the other frustrating thing is the whole Disney debacle. I hope next year they pick a generic theme.

6 Likes

Super smart! And I love all of the ensembles you’ve put together :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Adorable clothes you picked out and all go wonderfully with your logo!!!