Doll Show and Sale St. Petersburg Doll Club Update!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had been to the doll show organized by the St. Petersburg Doll Club in Largo FL? I was considering going but would be with my aunt and didn’t want it to be boring for her… I was curious about how big it was and whatnot. I couldn’t find any information on it when I googled it. Here is a screenshot from Dollshow USA website.

Just curious if anyone has been and liked it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you tried emailing Ilene?

1 Like

I’ll be going! I went 2 years ago and it was mostly vintage dolls but there were two reborners there. It’s very small but nice to walk through. It only takes 30-45 mins to walk through.

2 Likes

Hadn’t even thought of that! I did go ahead and write her just now. :wink: Thanks!

Thanks!! I am so happy to hear about the two reborners! That would be awesome! I am really hoping my aunt will go for it. There is a coffee shop and a thrift store in Dunedin we like to go to so hopefully we can make a day of it. :slight_smile: Maybe we’ll even see you there!

3 Likes

My Aunt and I attended the doll show in Largo today! We had a very nice time and enjoyed ourselves! There were so many things to look at from adorable hedgehog stuffed animals to a few silicone babies to some adorable miniatures!

But I have to say the highlight of the visit was running into Amy @AmyR777 and Julie (I hope I got that right and I am so sorry I don’t know your handle on here).

Such beautiful babies the both of them had! I loved meeting you guys! I was so excited because we were just getting ready to leave and making one final trip around the room when I heard a voice behind me say, ‘Who do you have there?’ I had brought my little guy, Gilead, (Carmen sculpt by Adrie Stoete) and had been carrying him around all morning. I turned around and was tickled to death to see them!

Oh and by the way - I looked up to see who painted Gilead and it was Glenda Smith and her nursery name is ‘Cradle Creations.’

Julie, Amy, and myself

6 Likes

That must have been awesome running into each other, sure makes me wish I was there. Looks like too much fun!
Beautiful ladies, beautiful babies!

2 Likes

How neat! So fun that you got to meet @AmyR777 and @jubileej!

2 Likes

It was great meeting you! Julie @jubileej and I hadn’t been there too long when we ran into you and your aunt. I’m so glad the timing worked out!!

1 Like

It was so wonderful! It absolutely made my day!

It was great to meet you too, Amy! (@AmyR777)

And great to meet you, Julie!! (@jubileej)

1 Like

It was so nice to meet you too Becca, do I have your name and spelling right? Your little guy was adorable! And thank you for the magnet!

2 Likes

Yes, thank you for the magnet; I put it on my fridge last night!! :blush:

1 Like

Oh you guys are more than welcome! @AmyR777 @jubileej!! I am glad you liked them! :slight_smile:

It was such a pleasure to meet you guys and your beautiful babies.

And very close! It is Rebekah. :smiley: I never went by any nicknames. But it was hard to hear right around there.

3 Likes

It sure was! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Rebekah, I was close! I’ll remember now!

2 Likes