Does anyone know this kit **

I’ve always been told this is a knock off copy of Penny by Lillian trigg 🤷

I’ve looked up Lilly and it doesn’t look like this kit. It looks exactly like Penny, though.

DollsbySandie is correct. They are produced in China, but not named by a specific sculptor. I guess that was part of the contract for creating them. Not sure why they did that other than to get their foot into the market. They have been around for the majority of my reborning days and before China started totally stealing sculpts to mass produce. A few of the kits do look similar to other “sculptor” kits, but not exact replicas like seen on the market today. However, these are considered legit kits as similar doesn’t equate to stolen.

It looks exactly like this kit sold on rebornland except this one is silicone

Here’s what I’m guessing, and it’s probably not worth a lot, but perhaps Ms. Trigg had some kind of contract or gave permission to the Chinese doll factory to continue to reproduce her Penny in a generic form indefinitely. That’s what it seems to appear to be to me. What worries me the most, though, is how the Chinese scammers are now counterfeiting and selling knock-offs of April K, Pillar Stoete, what appear to be several Linda Murray kits, Twin A, and Saskia Brown on eBay for very cheap prices, in addition to sucking in unsuspecting buyers through their scam pages and ads. They are out of control.

2 Likes

I don’t remember Lillian ever sculpting. I thought she just gave names to those numbered kits for easier identification when ordering.
At the time, she would have had exclusive rights to them, which is the reason why they were from Lillian Trigg or Lillian Trigg kits.

1 Like